𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒

∘◦ ☆ ◦∘

𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐏𝐈𝐀𝐍, Edmund, Lucy, the captain, Reepicheep and I were all crowded around the front of the boat, taking turns looking through a telescope. And by 'taking turns' I mean switching between King Caspian and Edmund. They wouldn't really let anyone else look. I don't know if it's a boy pride thing or not, but it's irritating.

"The Lone Islands. The port of Narrowhaven," King Caspian determined, handing the telescope back to Edmund.

"Strange, not a Narnian flag in sight," Edmund spoke quietly while holding the end up to his eye.

"But the Lone Islands have always been Narnia's," Lucy commented, looking at me for confirmation. I just shrugged, not knowing what the Lone Islands even where.

"Seems suspicious," I muttered, squinting my eyes to try to see farther, which proved to be ineffective.

Edmund glances at me after bringing down the telescope from his eye, "What are you doing?" He smirked, raising an eyebrow.

"I can't see anything. It's too far away and you won't let me use the stupid telescope," I spoke, blushing slightly because I was caught doing something stupid.

Edmund shook his head, handing me the gold tube in his hand, "I just needed to look before I let you do it."

My face brightened as I took it from him, looking through, "Thank you!"

The coast of the island was covered in sandy stone buildings, like a small city. The only problem was that there was no sign of life in sight, the place looked deserted.

"I say we prepare a landing party. Drinian?" Edmund ordered, looking at the captain for confirmation.

"Forgive me, your Majesty... but the chain of command starts with King Caspian on this ship," The captain, Drinian, responded softly with an apologetic smile.

"Right," Edmund sighed. I felt bad for him, he should be able to make decisions too, he has just as high of status.

"We'll use longboats. Drinian, pick some men to come ashore," King Caspian ordered, taking Edmund's advice.

"Aye," Drinian nodded, turning to a crew member and calling him over. "Man the longboats, furl the sail and prepare to drop anchor."

We were making our way towards shore in three long boats. I sat beside Lucy, facing Edmund and Eustace. King Caspian was behind me, rowing, and Reepicheep was standing on the front edge of the long boat, holding his thin sword above his head.

"Onward! The thrill of the unknown lies ahead."

"Couldn't this have waited until the morning?" Eustace complained, leaning over the side of the boat to watch his reflection in the water.

"There is no honour in turning away from adventure, lad," Reepicheep replied, swishing his sword in Eustace's direction.

We made it to the dock and King Caspian jumped out of the boat, pulling it up to the edge of the stone dock, the boat tipping slightly when he pulled it. Edmund jumped out as well, helping Lucy out of the boat and onto the steps before offering his hand to me.

"Thank you," I thanked him gratefully, taking his hand and stepping onto the steps, but when I put my weight on it, my foot slipped on a patch of water left by King Caspian's shoes. Edmund quickly grabbed my waist, pulling me to him to steady me.

I let out a small gasp of surprise as I realized how close we were. Edmund still had my left hand tightly in his grasp while the other hand was holding my waist. I could feel his breath fanning my cheeks, the smell of mint coming with it.