𝑡𝑒𝑛

∘◦ ☆ ◦∘

𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐏𝐈𝐀𝐍 𝐖𝐎𝐊𝐄 to the rising sun in his eyes. Blinking twice to help his body get used to the light, he rolled over to face the rest of the crew who were still sleeping. Immediately he noticed the large bare footprints that made their way around the camp they set up, one being right beside his bedroll.

Rising to his feet in quick movements, he rushed a scan of the camp; the footprints stopped at a few people around the camp before they seemingly carried on. Noticing that they stopped at two empty blankets and pillows, one of which was beside where Edmund was sleeping, he realized that Lucy and Dawn were taken.

Rushing over to Edmund he shook him harshly, "Ed. Ed, wake up."

Edmund slowly opened his eyes, the tiredness taking over again, but when he heard the urgency of Caspian's voice, he quickly woke himself up, "Wake up, look."

He peered at what Caspian was pointing at, which were the large footprints, his eyes widening at the sight. Someone was snooping through their camp. Then was when he noticed that his hand was cold and the space beside him was empty, "Where's Dawn?"

"Lucy's gone too," Caspian announced, his eyes sullen and frantic.

"Lucy? Lucy!" Edmund called out, rising to his feet as well, spinning in circles to see if they were nearby, "Dawn!"

"Everybody up!" Ordered Caspian, kicking the crews' feet to help them wake up, "Get up. Get up, I said!"

As the crew rose from their sleep, they also noticed the footprints in the sand. Grabbing their weapons from beside their beds, they followed Caspian and Edmund into the forest, "This way!"

"Move, you blackguards," Drinian called out, motioning the last few to follow out of camp, not knowing they were leaving a sleeping Eustace behind.

Slowly making our way up the staircase, we took everything in. The house was cluttered with many nice things and the furniture would cost a fortune in England. The words beautiful mess comes to mind. On the second floor, there was a large room with tables and shelves of books around the outskirts, but a lone podium stood in the centre.

Uneasily I asked, "Do you think that's the book?"

"Let's find out," Lucy spoke quietly, walking up to the podium.

The front of the book had a bunch of jumbled up letters and a clasp that kept the book closed. Pulling the clasp, the book wouldn't open, almost as if it was locked. Using all of the force my muscles could produce, I pulled the thing, but it still wouldn't open. Taking a step back, Lucy tried for herself but got the same result.

Noticing a cherub at the top of the podium, it moved across the wood, blowing away dust with the quiet sound of breath. Slowly I figured out why the book was locked, "Blow onto the cover..."

Lucy took a big breath and blew her breath onto the book and right away the letters on the cover moved around and assorted themselves into words, The Book Of Incantations. A swirl of vines accented the title and when they stopped moving, Lucy tied the clasp again. This time, it opened.

Flipping the pages of the book, there were many spells that seemed interesting, but one caught my eye, "Wait, go back one," Lucy flipped back one and the title at the top read, Spell For Snow.

Excitedly I recited the words in the white ink, "With these words, your tongue must sew. For all around there to be snow..."

For a couple long seconds, nothing happened, until one lone snowflake landed itself on the bare black page of the book. Looking up, the whole room was covered in soft white and more was falling from the roof.