My Inamorata

Doctre is to be pronounced as
'doc-tray'. ( local slang)
......................................................................

Spirit in the syringe squirted out
resembling a miniature version of a fountain.

"Doctre, you are spilling it all over." the compounder shrieked.

"Who's the doctor? You or me?"

Kamarottu's clinic was a long- established, aged building. There was only a single doctor assisted by a compounder. The so-called consultant room had perhaps never soaked in anything more than sunlight or a candlelight apart from rainwater.

"Shut up now. This will make you feel better. Get going."
The doctor hastily injected a whale of a blunt needle over a patient's sweater.
"You.. Hold it higher, the medicine will flow quicker." he ordered another, who himself was lifting the glucose bottle in the air for his treatment.

Shaking his head, he went inside the chamber.
"Sir, this wound will heal within a week. Later, you can come here to get the stitches undone or just hold the end of the thread and pull it yourself at home."
Vihaan smirked under his breathe.

"Doctre, is that a zip to pull?" his assistant butted in.

"Who's the doctor? You or me? Go get those cardiac reports. Idiot!"

Cardiac! Vihaan took a full view of the comic piece in front of him.

"Are you an outsider. I don't remember seeing you?" he asked checking a few plastic containers.

"Yes. I live in the Kamarottu house."

The doctor's face fell on hearing the name. Adjusting his frames on his nose, he continued his work.
"These are special tablets prescribed for a week. If it remains, you can finish them off. No side effects."

"What remains? The tablets or my life?"

"Both. Ac.."

Just then a post man entered with a file.
"Sir, sign please."

"I'll take my leave now." Vihaan thanked the doctor.
- - - - -

The main door was wide open. Vihaan sulked seeing Sandhya carelessly trying to grab a book resting on a high, dusty shelf.

"I'll have to tie you up to one of these pillars before leaving you alone hereafter."

She coughed wiping her dirty hands with a cloth and chortled.
"Instead, you can get that book for me, big guy!"

"Did you eat yet?"

"Vihaan, of course! It's four in the evening. Come, I'll brew a cup of coffee."

He removed his watch and followed her into the kitchen fiddling with her dupatta.

"Crazy or what? Leave that!" she chided him.

"Sandhya."

"Hmm?"

"What will you do if you never get to see your Vihaan again?"

The filter in her hand slid down knocking off the steel tumbler while she faced him, her eyes wide open brimming with tears and hands shivering. He immediately held them bringing her back to sense. The hot milk luckily splattered on the wall away from them.

"Sandhya, that was just a question." he whispered as he helped her settle on his lap as he took a seat on a rock bench in the kitchen. "Sorry."

She threw her arm around his neck clutching the collar of his shirt with another hand.

"That.. That reminded me of my nightmare." she whimpered softly against his earlobe.
"Vihaan...."

"I'm sorry darling. Please don't cry. Please."
He caressed her hair kissing her temple. The reaction was least expected.
"Husband man's not leaving you so easily." he chuckled holding her shoulders trying to lighten the situation which took sometime.

"Promise me you'll never ask this again." she sniffled.

"If I'm awarded with a cup of coffee now."

She smiled faintly, rising from him.
"Can we stroll in the garden for a while? It's been three days since we came and I still haven't seen half of this place."
- - - - - -

Clunging to his arm, she hummed a melodious tune. The evening breeze was cool and pleasent. Leaves of the tall trees swayed as birds chirped flying to their nests. The sky appeared like a bowl of fresh water dipped with orange paint with a hint of rosemerry and the Sun was a pomegranate red dot admist. They walked on the uneven black soil between the banana plantation.

"I think you should sit. Don't strain yourself."

"Has it even been five minutes?"

"You are slogging."

"Are you making fun of me?"

The curve on his face broadened seeing his wife's grimaced face and he urged to capture her tight in his embrace and snog away.

"Swan-like steps
Lots of baby gibberish
An adorable pout
You will soon cherish
A gorgeous little smile
Our toddler's laughter
Together we will hold
That little bundle of joy

I love you Sandhya!"

A shade of crimson crept up her cheeks after months.
"Have I ever told you that Tolstoy's poetry fascinates me?"

"Hello! I wrote this for you and you're here complementing Tolstoy!"

She twitched her nose and stuck her tounge out moving forward.

"You'll pay Missy. Yes you will!"
- - - - - -

"Akka! Akka!" Girija searched the house.
She came over to offer help to Sandhya and clean the house as told by Vihaan. Taking off the arecanut leaf cap, she tucked the end of her saree to her waist and called repeatedly.

"Doesn't anyone live here? Then who was that person in the woods referring to? He said his wife was pregnant." she thought to herself as the glimpse of a shiny silver article caught her attention. It was Vihaan's watch lying on the shelf of a wooden almera which had no doors.

She gaped at the expensive accessory before scanning the surroundings once again and hid it in her clothes.
......................................................................

The next chapter will be catchy I guess. This was an extra, short and light hearted update as you all missed Sandhya.

Keep loving the story my lovely readers 😍