On my way to you!

*****
Kalinga steps into his house with a box of sweet delicacies. He decided to surprise his wife by returning earlier from work. His mirth had found no boundaries after remembering that he was to hold his baby for the very first time in a few more days.

Lost in thoughts, he smiles closing the main door and turns towards the bedroom. His heart sunk seeing a half naked man jump out of the window connecting the room and plantation, backyard. His timid wife, Anasuya, who appears from the same room stands numb seeing him helpless. A furious Kalinga who questions her and recieves no answer, grabs a machette hanging on the wall and chases her.
With great difficulty she runs and reaches a huge well where she finds Angaara. Hiding behind him, she tries to catch her breath. Spotting her with Angaara, Kalinga mistakes the man to be the betrayer and beheads him. Hanging his body upside down to a branch of a tree near the well, he ties Anasuya in a mantap on the wrecked hills. On the eleventh day of Angaara's death, he dresses up in a yakshagana costume, sings and dances horrendously, feeds her a handful of rice along with stuffing a whole laddoo into her mouth and executes her head.

******

"He isn't here!"
Vihaan had literally searched every nook and corner of Kalinga's house.

"Vihaan, there is a place in the wrecked hills. An old temple owned by his ancestors. That's our last hope." Shankar master panted.

"Do you mean.. "

"The wrecked hills towards the south from where those sounds come."

"You're right master. He.. "

Their conversation was broke by a siren.

"The police!" Janani shrieked looking back from the window.

"You two escape. I'll handle the issue."

"But Vihaan!" Janani was sweating profusely.

"What happened?"

"We have to reach there as soon as possible. It's sunset in a while."

"We shall. But first.. "

"Today's the eleventh day of Angaara's death. Kalinga will..."

"..execute his hostiles before dusk!"

Janani and Shankar master could only pity Vihaan who was trying to look strong. They were clueless until they heard the jeep pull over.

"I have an idea. Where's your car?"

"In the backyard." she panicked shutting the screens.

His face was determined.
- - - -

"Faster! Faster! " the inspector scowled at his driver who sped across the paddy fields.

"He's busted!" he smirked getting down, rubbing his palms.

The jeep had blocked Janani's car and the policeman was headed towards them.

"Bloody!"
- - - -

"Anasuya.."

A thousand virtual needles were piercing her throughout her body. She was fast asleep in a miserable state, her hands tied back to a stone pillar with a rope. Hair was messed up and spread over her face and the saree was soiled. The baby kicked making her whimper in pain rather than excitement.

"Anasuya.. " the soft voice echoed in the dark, dingy mantap.