Suspect or not?

Vihaan sulked listening to the old man when something else caught his attention. The tall dark guy who had shot him a few days back passed by the waterfall they were sitting in front of. He immediately followed him, which turned to a chase as a result of the latter noticing him. Vihaan wanted to hang the lout upside down. He definitely has something to do with all this!

He ran behind as fast as he could on the marshy soil which didn't favour velocity much and surprisingly the watch that Girija had stolen dropped on the ground. Unfortunately he lost track of the man in a while and held his knees panting heavily.

The being who was behind their jeep a little while ago, picked the watch up. Vihaan feeling awkward with someone's presence at the moment, twirled around and elbowed the person's nose. It was precisely a hard blow.
- - - - -

"Are you OK now?"
Vihaan took a seat on the adjacent wooden chair.
Opening her eyes, she massaged her crown and looked at him which only made her world freeze.

"Sorry. I thought you were someone else. I mean, I had a small tiff with that guy. Didn't realize that you were there. Does it hurt?"

Unable to recover from the ongoings, she sat still, her limbs feeling numb

"By the way, Vihaan." he forwarded his hand.

"Oh.. Umm.. Hi. Janani. Why were you fighting with that man?"

"My wife's been missing from three days and I know he has something to do with it."

"You're m-married?"

"How would I have a wife if I'm not!"

Janani was taken aback.

"Yes. Six years ago." he sighed.

The frown on her face refused to fade away while her eyes gleamed.

"Sorry."

"Oh no. I should be the one saying that for asking you silly questions. Please don't punch my nose again."
She forced a smile recieving her red umbrella that he handed.
"One minute."
She fished out his watch from her handbag.
"This must be yours."

He held it tightly caressing the lotus with his thumb.
He could feel HER.
- - - - -
Fizz oozed out of the glass tumbler into which an orange soft drink was served. Vihaan held a cigarette between his middle and forefinger quickly getting into his own zone of thoughts.

"So according to the police, it's been six years since Sandhya died but she's actually lost from three days."
Janani tapped her long nails on the arm of her chair.
"They must've mistaken her with someone else. Didn't you ask them to double check?"

"They won't listen to me."

"They have to! If she hadn't met with an accident--"

"Sandhya and I had met with a major accident almost six years ago. She had a few cuts and bruises, but I lost my memory since my head was injured. Apparently I can't recall anything prior to the accident."