Chapter 12: I Love You

Baby, I don't know what it is but you drive me crazy And every time I'm around you, girl it feels amazing
And I'm on my best behavior when I'm with my baby Cause I can't lose my baby, oh I done met a lot of girls in my life but they not like you, no I done been with the best and Baby you're the best of the best You're the greatest
    -Chris Brown
...

1 month later (December 5th)
Chris pov

"Aye baby have you took your meds?" I asked Shanti as I walked in the kitchen where she was cooking breakfast.

"Uh yeah." She said and I looked at her. "Why you asked that?" She asked me.

"Because I couldn't find them in the cabinet." I said and she looked at me.

"Yeah because I have to go pick up more today." She said and I could tell she was lieing. "Why the hell you snooping around and shit?" She said and crossed her arms.

"Because I know your fucking lieing, where are they!?" I yelled at her.

"I don't need them I'm not crazy!" She yelled turning the stove off.

"Ok I'm not either but I still take my meds!" I yelled.

"Your not crazy?" She said. "Stop lieing to yourself Chris!" She yelled and I looked at her.

"I don't give a fuck, at least I'm trying to get better, your dumb ass still fighting the fact that our just as bipolar as I am!" I yelled and her face soften and she looked at me.

"Fuck you Chris!" She said and pushed  me and walked out the kitchen.

I don't give a fuck no more, we've been arguing for a week about her health and all I'm trying to do is help her. Me and her can fight this shit together and she pushing me away. And for her to call me crazy, that was just a fucking knife to my back. She knows I'm working on my anger and shit but yet she throws it in my face. All I want to do is help her and make sure she good.

As I was in my thoughts I hard something upstairs like she fell or something.

"Bae!?" I yelled and she didn't reply and I walked in the living room. "Shanti!?" I yelled again and she still didn't answer and I ran up the stairs and to our room and she was laying on the floor. With a pill bottle in her hand. I picked up to bottle and red it and it was sleeping pills I got not that long ago when I couldn't sleep. The whole bottle was gone.

"Shanti!" I said shaking her and she didn't move. "Baby, baby get up!" I said shaking her and tears fromed in my eyes and I ran over to the night stand and grabbed my phone.

...

"Where's my baby!?" Lalia said running in the emergency room with Cario.

"Ma!" I said and waved her over and she ran over and sat down next to me along with Cario.

"Chris what happened to my baby?" She asked me as tears fell down her face.

"I don't know, we we're arguing and then she stormed off and went upstairs and took a whole bottle of sleeping pills and she passed out." I said as my eyes watered.

"What was y'all aruguing about?" Cario asked me.

"About her taking her meds." I said and whipped my tears that fell. "She was saying how she isn't crazy and shit and I told her that she isn't but that's what she thinks." I said.

"She's been like that ever since she was little, she didn't want to feel crazy or anything and she'll be depressed, this isn't the first time she tried suiside, when she was 12 she tried to hang herself but Cario stopped her." Lalia said catching me by surprise.

I just sat there and cried slowly. I love this girl way to much for this shit to be happening or to lose her. My life wouldn't be the same with her.

"What happened?" Tina said walking in with Jr.

"She tried to overdose." Cario said and Jr walked over to Lalia and sat in her lap.

"Hi Uncle Chris." He said and I slightly smiled.

"Why would she do something like this?" Tina said.

"She was depressed and chris was trying to get her to take her meds." Lalia added on and she sat back in her chair and looked at me and sighed.

"Of course it would be something over him." She mumbled and Cario looked at her like 'really'.

"Look Tina I anit got know problem with you but you not finna keep accusing me of shit I have no control over." I said.

"So you don't have control of hitting her...you really need help hu?" She said sarcastically.

"Man dis me with that shit, I'm not hitting her, Cario get yo chick before I say some shit that I'm not go regret." I said and he sighed.

"Gon head say it you women beater." She said.

"Ight I then told yo ass-" I started.

"Y'all don't do this right now, Tina stop throwing shots and Chris just ignore it right now, are main focus is-"  She said.

"Ashanti Gonzalez." The doctor said and looked at his clip board and we all got up and walked over. "Well good news is that she ok and we prescribed her some more meds." The doctor said.

"Can we see her?" Lalia asked.

"Yeah only immediate family only and one at a time." He said and I nodded.

"Go ahead ma." I said and she looked at me and nodded and but Jr down and followed the doctor and I sat back down.

...

"Hey baby." I said walking in the room. Everybody saw her except Tina and everyone Left it's just me now.

"Hi." She said and looked down and played with her ring I got her for Valentine's back in highschool.

"How you feeling?" I asked her.

"Like shit." She said and I walked over to her and grabbed her hand.

"Don't baby, it's ok, I know how you feeling...and don't say I don't because I do. I know how it feels when it comes to this disorder and when it comes to the thoughts of suicide." I told her and my eyes started to water and she looked at me. "I love you so much and I don't know where I would be if I ever lose you." I said and she sat up and whipped my tear. "Baby girl I wants what best for you and I want you to get better and feel better, I don't want you depressed and shit. I want the happy you that wake up with a smile on your face and the girl with the happy bubbly personality." I said and he kissed my cheek and whipped some more tears off my face.

"I know Chris, and I promise to take my meds." She said and I smiled and she smiled back. "I love you baby." She said.

"I love you more." I said.

"I dout that." She said smiling and I kissed her lips.