4: Small World

"A pack of Marlboro, black menthol."

I ran my fingers along the lined cigarette selection, the green and black carton made its entrance under my palm. I placed the carton on the counter top and rang the price.

"Your total is 9,000 won."

The old homeless man added all the remaining change buried in his pockets. He was only 500 won short, I would help this man but he was risking his life with a pack of cigarettes that he could've purchased with food instead. He looked at the floor in expectation for a fallen coin. He was actually lucky. He picked up the rusty coin with dust encased around its surface, stuck in the cracked tile and the floor to the register counter top. He had good eyesight to catch the small copper. He was hurting himself with nicotine and that was none of my business. I took the broken-down change and separated them in the coin box.

The store was now empty as the man exited sedately. I stuffed the triangle kimbap in my mouth soothing my stomach with some food. I quickly chewed the remaining and threw out the plastic wrap, in anticipation that no customer would come in of the sight of me eating or my manager especially. I was prohibited to eat during work. It was dead silent, I waited around 10 minutes for any living being to make an entrance, I could've slowly taken my time to eat the snack. I glanced out the glass doubled doors and an entertaining show was in display.

My co-worker who was scheduled to work with me, slapped a man across the cheek in an expensive cashmere suit. I couldn't see the individuals face as his back was turned my direction. She slapped him once more, I couldn't help but laugh. The scene was actually funny to observe, she always raved about her hot rich boyfriends, it seemed like she was failing in her "great erotic" relationships. Among the aggravating situation I was in, this made my day.

The man didn't do anything about her constant slaps, he went back into his high-class flashy sports car. I was able to catch the glimpse of his face, he was familiar. He carried the stern grim look on his face. Shit who was he? I thought back to almost a week ago, the client that slid the thousand dollar note in my breasts. I actually considered for a brief second that he was charming, but he was a complete jackass. I scoffed at the sight, this world was certainly small for me to see him again. A rich jerk that I speculated to be provocative and attractive. His manners portrayed exceptionally with his fierce departure as he raced out to the streets.

I tapped my fingers solely with the pop music that tuned from the ceiling speaker. My co-worker, Soomi walked in with heavy steps, her shoulders hunched from the previous incident. She noticed my attention towards her and scrunched her brows immensely.

"What?" She stood in her stance and uttered in annoyance.

I was curious to her situation, but in awareness of what occurred it was possibly better for me not to ask.

She stuffed her belongings in a shelf and whipped out her phone, sitting on the empty chair. A newcomer advanced in with the sound of the bell. "Welcome." I said automatically. I forwarded my gaze along the purchaser, as my manager always spoke of having "thieves everywhere." I leaned along the cash register in the wait of the newly individual but I couldn't help myself but to listen to her heartbreak story.

She almost sobbed in the corner as she explained her grief. "Yoona.... H-He, that son of a bitch. B-broke up with me. We had morning sex, he seemed to enjoy it. But he said I was too slow... to slow at what??" Her pitch stricken with the last words.

I almost choked from her open non-hidden words. I counted up the total cost as the person set their items in front of me.

"15,000 won." My voice in composure. I packed his things in a plastic bag and collected the bill that needed to be exchanged back with remaining change.

"Have a nice day." I handed the stranger the bag and leaned back, still suffering from the muscle ache.

"I can't believe him, I gave him a chance even though he was fucking around with other girls. I'm so done with his shit, mark my words, I won't be dating another rich chaebol." She sputtered with confidence on the phone. Recognizing her habit of picking up men as her specialty, it'd be interesting to watch to see how long she could manage to strain herself from wealthy men.

My manager made his way with a can of coke in his hand. He fixed his glasses with the other untaken index finger to take a good look behind me in satisfaction, checking my certain feature out. "Looking good Mari, thick looking stacks."

I felt my face boost in temperature, I raised my brow up at him with his insignificant statement. I tightened my jaw ignoring his dirty looks and winks as he gawked at me. This job was easy and I didn't want to afford to lose it. It was nearby and I received my checks on time.

Soomi began scowling and whimpering as she was in her own tantrum state of mind.

"Hey, what the hell is wrong with you? Get to work. Your shift already started twenty minutes ago." He banged his can along the countertop raising her attention.

She fixed herself in irritation and sniffled her pointless cries.

A buzz surfaced in my pocket, I tilted the screen to take a glimpse of the incoming message. My eyes widened overwhelmed from the sudden notification.

'Tomorrow, 12 am. Golden VVIP room #2. Bronze package.

Client name: Jeon Jungkook.'

A/N: YAY! I thought I wouldn't be able to upload today because of the server problem. HI! Missed ya💕