Epilogue

-Jungkook's Flashback-
(Four years ago)

Floral wreaths were lined to the entrance of the mourning room, delivered from corporations and other businesses in blessings and of prayer. The blood rushing to the tips of my fingers in tension. The room was dim and supported by the light of the halls shining through. A girl in a black hanbok was weeping alone in the empty section, her shoulders shaking with her cry. Her grief described of sorrow and suffering.

It was the second day of mourning, midnight.

I stood before the entrance, attentive to the girl's incline on the miniature table. Her hair a mess of a loosened pony tail. Her front side indistinct because of her direction towards the alter. As her sniffles worsened, she reached for the small alters in sitting position. The picture frames settled among the bed of flowers, in colors of white mostly.

My heart heavy with her commotion. I could nearly understand her bleakness.

A shoulder sliding down the side of the wall, I seated adjacent to the entry. My head propped on the rim, I continued to watch her figure mourn of her loss, embracing the pictures to her bosom. The moment I closed my eyes, tears strolled down my face in embarrassment, in shame. My feelings of wanting to help the girl, allow her to share her grief in lessen of the agony.

To apologize for my father's action.

It was the least I could do. I could take the blame. She was alone and she had no one.

I quietly cried in hatred of my father, corrupting a beautiful family that we never were, in a blow it was all gone simply for selfishness.

My eyes remained closed with the tilt of my head to the floor. The mixture of her sob and the television filled my ears.

"CEO of Daesang Electronics was found dead with his wife just a few days ago, investigation is currently seeking the cause of death..."

***

"Young sir." My shoulder was tapped by an elderly woman.

The wetness of my eyes loitered when I opened them. I quickly stood up, checking the time. It was four in the morning. I had fallen asleep.

"If you don't mind, you can't be sleeping in the halls. There are other people having their services here." The lady claimed.

"I'm sorry." I rubbed the back of my neck and bowed in apology.

After she left, I turned to the disclosed expanse. I went into the mourning room scanning the place. The pictures were taken. The flowers remained.

The girl disappeared.

Mari, where did you go?

A/N: Book 2? Swipe up!