(Solo) Harry, Sick; While Home For Christmas; Part 1

"I have a request for the 1D sickfic. I want Harry to come home to Anne for Christmas. Gemma is also home. He has a little cold when he arrives at home and sounds congested together with a cough. It all starts out quite subtile with Anne and Gemma noticing his cold and questioning to Harry. During the days he stays at home the cold gets into a chest infection with a lot of coughing. They're all worrying because Harry has agreed to do a little gig at home in Holmes Chapel. He has to perform with  his chest infection, congested voice and cough. This leads to caring from a lot of people who f.ex is offering cough drops when he can't stop coughing at the gig. Sorry for a long request, but I would be really happy to read your story"

REQUESTED BY: -   Feobol 

~~~
Harry sighed as he passed a sign telling him that he was still 30 miles (48 kilometres) out of Holmes Chapel. His head was feeling stuffy, there was a relentless tickle in the back of his throat, and he was slightly nervous that his next ill-timed sneeze may be responsible if he doesn't make it home for Christmas.

15 miles (24 kilometres) out he found himself having to pull over to compose himself. "This sucks." He mumbled to himself, reaching across to get wad of tissues from the box sitting on his passenger seat.

"Harry, you look absolutely horrid." His mum, Anne, said when Harry finally made it to her house.

"Yeah, just a bit of a cold." Harry said voice thick with congestion. He sniffled in an attempt to clean his sinus passages, but instead ended up coughing harshly into his shoulder.

"Oh love, you're sick, and on the holidays too." Anne said pulling her son in for a hug, "You poor thing."

"Mum, I'm fine. Don't worry." Harry pulled away from his mother, even though he had been rather enjoying the comfort. "Can we please just go inside?" He asked clearing his throat.

"Come on, love, I'll make you a nice tea." Anne said, going into the kitchen while Harry went to sit on the couch in the living room.

"Hey, Dweeb." His sister, Gemma, said. Going to sit beside him and tickling his ribs.

"Gemma, please, can you not!" Harry said more harshly than he had meant to.

"Little bro, don't you love me anymore?" Gemma asked, pretending to be offended.

Harry again coughed into his shoulder, "I'm sick and having a hard enough time breathing without you tickling me."

"I see," Gemma put her arm around her brother, "big rock star lifestyle getting to be too much for you?"

"It's winter, Gem. It happens." Harry lent into his sister, letting out a groan.

"Here, hun," Anne said coming into the living room with a warm mug of tea, "this should help your throat. I made it just how you used to like it, I hope its okay."

"Thanks, Mum, really." Harry took the mug, feeling instant relief as he took the first sip, "'mmm, this is great."

"You're too cute." Gemma said, affectionately ruffling Harry's hair.

Harry glared at his sister, taking another sip of his tea. He felt way too tired to engage in their usual sibling banter.

"Haz, why don't you go get some rest? We can socialise when you're feeling a bit better." Anne said. Harry nodded, putting the mug down on the coffee table before silently making his way to his old bedroom.

Collapsing face first onto his old bed he buried his face into the pillow, coughing pitifully. Rolling over onto his back he tried in vain to breathe through his nose.