Chapter Ten

"So does this mean that he isn't guardian bonded towards me?" I asked.

"No," Gamma Evernight said. "You guys have your own personal guardian bond towards each other. Not the same as the bond with your mate or your friends."

Tears filled my eyes as I looked back at Blayke, who was staring out the window. I hugged Gamma Evernight, saying my thanks before I left. I sat down at the table and everyone's attention was at me and Blayke. I ignored them and I couldn't help but have a smile on my face as I looked out the window. I had two brothers and one of them was sitting right next to me.

"Aliya, you barely smile," Ciana pointed out. "What's the occasion?"

"I'm just in a really great mood," I smiled.

"Anyways," Alec spoke up. "We need to talk about what happened with Tina."

"What's your side of the story?" Dean asked me.

"I went to my room and locked my door to be alone from everyone for a while," I said. "She was behind me and she had a knife. She threw it at me and I told her that I didn't want to hurt her. Tina went all dark and kept saying these things as she threw herself out the window to frame me. I guess she planned it well-considering everyone but Blayke fell for it. I guess the Gamma is always smarter than the others when it comes to what happens next in life."

"That would explain the knife in the wall," Mina said.

"What I want to know is how Blayke instantly knew that Aliya didn't do it," Alec said.

"I'd like to know that too," Dean spoke. "I was sure as hell believing that she did it and I'm her mate."

Blayke looked at Alec and Dean. "I take the time to think and judge right."

Liar. I thought to myself. I guess if I were him I'd want to keep Dean from knowing I was a Simmons too. I looked out the window again, seeing Alpha Johnson's eyes. I knew Blayke saw his eyes as well, with guardian eyesight there's nothing we could miss.

"Can we leave now?" Blayke asked. "I'm bored of this place and I want to get away from you two as fast as possible."

"You can go if you want," Dean said. "Anyone else can go to. I'm going to stay here and plan somethings with Gamma Evernight."

I stood up. "I'll go with him. You never know when you need a guardian. Plus I want to go to bed and get away from here as well."

Blayke grabbed my arm and pulled me along. When we got outside he turned and looked at me. "You know, don't you?"

"Well, what part are we talking about?" I asked. "The part where you're my twin brother or the part where Alpha Johnson was staring at me, ready to kill."

"The brother part," Blayke began walking. "How long did you know?"

"I just figured it out actually," I answered truthfully. "You knew that I didn't kill Tina because of our bond, didn't you?"

Blayke clenched his jaw and nodded. "Yes, I did. Plus you never looked like someone who would kill someone without having a good reason towards it."

"Why are you clenching your jaw?" I asked.

Blayke pinned me against the wall as it started to rain. "I know you'll eventually spill the beans to Dean and that means I'll be going with our little brother back to our Beta and his fucking family. So, there's no point in being here with me to say your little goodbyes."

"I'm not going to tell anyone," I said. "I already had you ripped away from me once. You and Cole are my family. You're the only ones that I have left in my life. I'm sorry for wanting to spend time with my brother."