Chapter Eighteen

We got to Gamma Evernight's restaurant and sat, waiting for him to come take our order.  Cole was looking at me a little freaked out and nervous.  He didn't know if he could trust Gamma Evernight or not.  I could tell from the smell of fear coming off of him.  Rayla was pacing back and forth, wanting to help Cole feel better.  She couldn't and neither could I.  Last time Dean brought my baby brother somewhere he was kidnapped as well as being killed.  I wrapped my arm around Cole, hoping to comfort him even a little.  Gamma Evernight's mate came over with the menus and said that he'd be over shortly to take our order.

"So what are we going to tell the other's when we get back?"  I asked.

Dean looked up from his menu.  "That I took you out on a date of course."

"We'll need to re-dig Cole's grave,"  I said.

"So if you have the power to bring people back to life do all Guardian's have different abilities?"  Dean asked.

"Most guardian wolves have the same effects, yes, but it is different with a black and white one," Gamma Evernight answered with a smile.

"So do they have the same properties?"  I asked.

"Yes,"  Gamma Evernight said.  "It is more difficult for the black one to tap into but it still is very, very possible for a black guardian to bring someone back from the dead.  Their healing skills are better than a white guardian.  They can stop cancer, old age, everything."

"Why can't white wolve guardians do that?"  Dean narrowed his eyes at Gamma Evernight.

Gamma Evernight sighed and shook his head.  "I know you two are both rogues and don't know much but you two should really read your past history of how guardians came to be."

"It would be so much easier if you just explained it to us,"  Dean smiled, with a little bit of a threat in his eyes.

"I can't,"  Gamma Evernight admitted.  "The books were all burned.  At least the ones with the full detail of the differences between white and black guardians.  You'd have to go to Aliya's best friend who was meant to be her beta before you destroyed the pack."

"How much would it explain to us?"  I questioned.

"Everything,"  Gamma Evernight answered.  He jotted down three meals, that we didn't even choose and he began walking off.  "Even why now you two are mated in the first place."

"Is that who I'm going with?"  Cole asked me.

I was too stunned to answer his question so Dean did.  Gamma Evernight looked back at me and smiled.  He knew that even if Dean said no I would find a way to get the answers I needed.  Even if Austin was dead, I'd heal him and figure out why this was all happening now and for what reason.  Why wouldn't Gamma Evernight tell us about our history?  Maybe we would freak out and deny the truth.  No, there had to be a better reason than that for him not to tell us.  Gamma Evernight waved me over.  I lifted up Cole and moved him to my spot as I got up to go see what Gamma Evernight wanted.  

"Aliya, I must warn you,"  Gamma Evernight warned.  "Dean will not be able to come with you unless everyone goes.  They will not believe about him having a sister.  The reasons why he was so ruthless that day.  You also need to keep out of sight."

"Why?"  I asked.

"Unless things really get bad, there will be no need for you to show yourself,"  Gamma Evernight said.  "It's all just in case anything goes wrong.  You also need to be careful around Austin.  His family will try to drive you to reject Dean and make Austin your new found mate."

"Are you serious?"  My mouth was wide open.

Gamma Evernight nodded.  "Johnson and Baker, they are with the team that attacked you and killed your baby brother.  To get to them you'll have to find those two.  Aurora would be the best bet to bring them out.  Now go back to your table your steaks are almost ready."