Chapter Twenty-Six

Beth and Dean were out of bed.  Who's arm was wrapped around me?  I looked back to see Blayke.  I guess he knew that I was having terrible nightmares and decided to join the three of us in bed.  I felt bad about it though.  How did Mina feel waking up and Blayke wasn't there?  My brother seemed so peaceful in his sleep.  I sneakily got out of his hold, grabbing clothes and sneaking into the bathroom.

When I walked downstairs Mina smiled at me.  "Blayke missed you."

"You knew that he crawled into bed with me?"  I asked.

Mina nodded.  "He was whimpering your name, he was worried about you.  I woke his ass up because I couldn't get any sleep when he was doing that and told Blayke to go hop into bed with you."

"It was a shock to me too,"  Dean commented.  "I was ready to kill him because all I saw was his arm.  Then I realized it was Blayke and you both looked peaceful so I decided to let you two sleep in."

"Plus he needed a good night sleep and a night not having to deal with me,"  Mina smiled.  "So I thought it would be a good idea anyway.  Don't worry Aliya I'm not mad.  I was the one who kicked him out of bed."

I nodded but still felt unsure of how Mina really felt.  If Blayke was whimpering my name in his sleep something wasn't right.  Knocked out of my thoughts I was pulled into a strong hug from Blayke.  Alec and Ciana came into the kitchen and both gave Blayke questioning.  There was something wrong with Blayke.  What was it?  Dean cleared his throat put Blayke still kept me in a strong hug.  He was completely ignoring Dean.  Blayke wasn't drugged too, was he?  I doubted because there wasn't a change in him like there was in Dean last night.  When Alec tried to touch Blayke, he let out a loud threatening growl.  I shushed Blayke and rubbed his back, looking at everyone wondering if they knew anything about why he was like this.  Beth stayed hidden behind Dean's leg, she was scared of the way Blayke was acting.  

"Blayke, are you feeling okay?"  I asked. 

When he didn't answer me I opened up the link between us and all I felt was sorrow.  What was upsetting Blayke so much?  Why was he not letting go of me?  None of it made any sense.  When he held me for another five minutes I slowly pushed Blayke away from me.  He looked so lost, so broken.  There was nothing in him that reminded me of his cheerful, energetic self.  When Mina tried to get close to Blayke he pushed past her and left the house.  Mina looked torn apart at what just happened.

"Why is uncle Blayke so upset?"  Beth asked.  "Is he drugged too?"

"No,"  Alec said.  "He wouldn't have recognized anyone in the room and he wouldn't be quiet."

I left the house and could smell Blayke's wolf in the air.  I shifted as well and went after him.  I needed to know what was going on.  I stayed far enough behind that Blayke couldn't hear me, sense me, or see me.  This wasn't a drug problem this was a problem that had something to do with me and something to do with Blayke.  That means only a couple of people.  I crossed off the leader of the guardians because he went to me with his concern for his mate, Blayke was nowhere around us.  I hid behind the bushes when Blayke started looking around.  When he thought the coast was clear he ran down to the trail.  I stayed at the top of the hill, looking down at the trail.  Blayke was dressed when he came out in my eyesight.  If I could see him I could hear what was going on.  Another man came from the other side.  His hair was light blonde and his skin was tanned.  His scent was familiar, it was Austin Miller.  The guy who was meant to be my Beta.  Why were Blayke and Austin talking?

"Have you come up with your decision Blayke?"  Austin asked.

"You're not getting Aliya,"  Blayke growled.  "I've said it a million times, my answer will never change.  Dean is happy with Aliya and she's happy with him."