Chapter Twenty-Eight

Dean and Blayke took it very well when I mind-linked them to tell them what Faith and I were doing.  Faith was quiet for a little bit, seeming unsure if we were alone or if someone was following us.  I didn't understand why she was uncomfortable with anyone else knowing.  I was almost sure it was about Elijah but I didn't know exactly what freaked her out about him if it is about him.

"We're alone,"  I said, calmly.  "I'd know if anyone were following.  I also made sure that Dean and Blayke wouldn't let anyone follow us.  So tell me, what's going on?"

"I'm terrified of Elijah,"  Faith admitted.  "I don't want to sleep beside him tonight.  I'm scared he's going to hurt me."

"It's perfectly okay to feel like that Faith,"  I smiled.  "After what happened to you, I would probably be the same.  I promise you that Elijah won't hurt you.  Elijah and Dean are basically the same when it comes to mates.  Except for the stubborn part, that's Dean's thing.  I'll know if he hurts you or not as well Faith.  Elijah knows that I'd kill him if he hurts you.  Ashur would probably take control and help me with it.  We'd never let anything happen to you Faith."

"I'm sorry about what Aurora said as well,"  Faith said.  "She's really mean.  I prefer Alpha Frey over her to be honest.  She loves to pick fights with everyone.  She even picks fights with Alpha Evernight when she's in a bad mood."

"Well, I hope you don't blame me if one day I knock her teeth in,"  I admitted.  "She's choosing the worst time to pick fights.  We have a war coming up and she wants to pull this stuff.  It's ridiculous."

Faith nodded.  "I completely understand.  I wouldn't blame you either.  Aurora would have it coming to her even I know that and I'm trying to be her best friend."

"Are you nervous about Aurora?"  I asked, glancing at Faith quickly.

"Yes,"  Faith admitted.  "I feel like she's going to try to take Elijah away from me."

I looked at Faith shocked.  "What?  Why?"

"Aurora helped Alpha Evernight's mate find someone new,"  Faith answered.  "She only did it because she thinks that Alpha Evernight will choose her for a new mate and become a Luna.  She's power hungry."

I let out a vicious growl.  I wanted to spin Blayke's truck around and go beat her to death.  I wanted to tell Dean or Blayke about this news but clearly, Faith only wanted me to know.  I'd have to keep this a secret unless Aurora gave me no other choice in the matter.  After that last sentence Faith said that we could go back to the pack.  I nodded and turned the truck around.  Thoughts of Aurora doing that so she could become Luna made me sick to my stomach.  Rayla was growling, huffing, snarling, snorting, and going on a rant about it.  I cut off the bond with her again.  I knew I was just as mad as she was but I couldn't listen to her right now without beating Aurora to death.

When we got back to the pack house everyone was sitting in the living room.  Beth was gone, Dean probably put her to bed.  I didn't look at Aurora, I was too disgusted with her right now.  Faith took a deep breath and walked over to Elijah.  She looked back over to me and I gave her a confident smile.  She looked back at Elijah and for the first time, they made complete eye contact with each other.  I knew Faith held her breath as she took Elijah's hand.  She led him towards her bedroom.  Dean stood up, in a fierce stance.  I went over to him, wrapping my arms around his waist, hoping I could get him to relax a little.  It worked, his stance softened.

"Come on, let's head to bed,"  I whispered.  "We got a lot of work to do tomorrow."

Dean nodded and followed me up to his room.  He held me for a while and we talked about some stuff to spend some private time together.  We stayed cuddling and talking for almost three hours before we both fell asleep.