Calum Imagine

"Are you okay?" Calum asks, pausing the movie to turn toward you on the couch. "You’ve been acting kind of weird all week," he explains, his voice full of concern. "I have to tell you something,"

you reply, biting your lip and trying to keep back the tears threatening to spill.

"You’re scaring me," Calum said quietly, laughing nervously. A tear slips from your eye and you wipe it away quickly.

"Y/n, tell me what’s going on," Calum pleads. "Don’t be mad, okay?" You say, your voice barely above a whisper. "Just tell me," Calum responds, his voice shaking.

"Calum, um, Calum, I’m p-pregnant," you stutter, looking down at your hands. When no reaction comes from Calum, you glance up at him, trying to read his expression. He sits, frozen, staring at something you can’t see. "Calum?" You whisper. He shakes his head as if coming out of a daze and he returns his eyes to you. "What?" He manages to croak out. "I’m pregnant," you repeat, your voice shaking as your eyes pool with tears.

"You’re pregnant," he mimics, running a hand through his hair. "Say something," you whisper into a strained silence. "I’m, uh, I’m the dad?" He asks quietly.

"Yes, Calum, you’re my boyfriend," you reply, growing impatient. "What if it doesn’t like me?" He whispers, his tear-filled eyes meeting yours. "What?" You reply, not understanding the question. "What if I’m not a good dad?" He clarifies, quickly wiping away a tear as it trails down his cheek. "You want to be a dad?" You ask, shocked by his response. "I didn’t plan on being a dad right now," he explains, "but you didn’t plan on being a mom either. It’s not just your baby." You let your tears fall freely now, as you wrap your arms around his neck. sobbing into his chest.

"I’m s-so s-scared!" You cry into his shirt. "We’re gonna be okay," he coos, rubbing your back and hugging you tightly, "You’re gonna be a great mom and we’re gonna be okay." You nod into his shirt and take deep breaths, composing yourself. "I’m gonna be with you every step of the way," he says seriously,

"and it’ll be a good thing. You’ll see."

"I love you," you whisper, smiling up at him gratefully. "I love you, too," he replies, kissing your nose.

"And I love our baby," he adds, touching your stomach gently.