AN ANGEL'S HELL

He was born to suffer. Born to carry pain wherever he went.

Micheal was okay with the way his life was going after everything that had poisoned it within the previous year. But, here he was. Alive and well. And surprisingly, he was h a p p y. Regardless of a few issues that still plagued his existence. He had a family with the Cowboys to take care of but he didn't forget about his own family either. He had responsibilities with being vice president of the gang yet, he always made time for his aunt and the rest of his family.

Family was first. Always.

It was nearing the end of December, January rolling around along with a new year and Angel couldn't wait to start fresh. Start his life over again. His Aunt Marie gave him a call and invited him to a New Year's party she was hosting for the family. Of course, he went. He dressed up nice, making his way to his aunt's place with a positive outlook on how the evening was to go. Arriving, he hugged his aunt and noticed a familiar face upon the group of his family.

 Arriving, he hugged his aunt and noticed a familiar face upon the group of his family

"Is that who I think it is?" He asked, following Marie in. The woman laughed softly and nodded. "Yup, that's little Charles." His little cousin got so damn big so damn fast, it surprised him. He made his way over and ruffled the boy's hair. "Look at you, ya' little rascal." Charles looked back at his older cousin, a smile gracing his lips. "Hey, Mikey!" He got up to hug Micheal, earning a laugh from the older male. The boy noticed the leather jacket that Angel wore and looked it over. "Dude, sick jacket. I want one." Micheal laughed, sliding said jacket off. "You'd have go through orientation. The gang don't hand these out like free suckers, yaknow." Before Charles could ask the question he opened his mouth to speak, Marie pulled Angel over to an old piano. "Play us a song, Angel baby." "Oh, I dunno. It's been forever." She whined as he sat at the piano so, he cracked his knuckles and played what he remembered of Hallelujah by Leonard Cohen.

Marie set a glass of Brandy down on the piano as her nephew played, the rest of the small family gathering around to listen

Marie set a glass of Brandy down on the piano as her nephew played, the rest of the small family gathering around to listen. He messed up a few times, hearing a few giggles due to it but they only made him smile. He had a bad headache that was slowly escalating into a migraine, the noise of the piano not helping but who was he to disappoint his family? After he finished playing, he turned on the bench he sat on and grabbed the glass he was handed. The sight of all the smiles upon his relatives' faces made him beam brightly in a proud joy.