INSIDE OUT

We all have a story, starting the day we were born to the very present where we stand now and it was never ending until it ended. We all die sometime, you know that and so do I. But, some of us can't point out exactly when our story began. And along the way, we forget exactly what happens so, we practically fill in the forgotten parts with nonsense made up by our own mind. Ever tell a story about your day that wasn't exactly correct cause you couldn't remember? Yeah, now think back as far as you can and try to start from there. Hard, I know. But, it maybe hard for you and extremely difficult for someone else.

Someone like him.

The Joker only remembered opening his eyes one day and presuming a life of chaos and hell. He couldn't remember his past, before he found his calling or as the rest of the world calls it, lost his mind. This bothered him, actually. He often sat alone and wondered why he couldn't just grasp those lost memories that were imprisoned within the farthest reaches of his head. He'd continuously smack his head off the wall wherever he sat to think ( most of the time, while he was locked up in Arkham Asylum ) and hoped something – anything would come back to him but alas, nothing. He had nothing. Just shambles of a broken life. He often forgot things and it was irritating, especially when he wanted to project a very large energy. But, soon, he started remembering and remembering but never of himself only big things he's done. Big things the Joker has done. That's who he was, after all.

And he had a very specific story to him, even though no one knew where it began.

Let's start with where he remembered, the first time he met the Batman. He had the thought to poison the Gotham reservoir and notably he wasn't very big at the time. He just was in it for the laughs, as always. It was just that the laughs weren't known yet. Well, the GCPD got word of his plans and Commissioner Gordan notified Batman to investigate. By this time, Joker was out and about throwing specially made smoke bombs of his own creation at the public. Coming in with a bang, he called it. The gas made people – you guessed it – laugh. The threat on the Gotham river was only a hoax to distract police from the real chaos he was causing on his rampage. Then, he came. The Batman, oh man, was it the most fun he's ever had! Batboy became a quick favorite of his, the clown happy that this urban legend still lived. His fun seemed to have shocked the Bat cause within the moment of him ready to break the Joker's wrists, his amused laughter caused a freeze in the dark knight. And then he got away.

Their little rivalry went one for quite the time after that faithful first meeting. And Joker became just as obsessed with Batman as Batman was with him. Both of them were in it to win it but, Joker had an amazing time getting at his nemesis any chance he got. He'd gone much too far one time specifically.

He had figured out the Batman's sidekick's identity, planning on using that advantage to it's fullest. He found the boy's mother and knew the Robin wouldn't be slow to come and find her. She lured him right to him and there, he laughed as he beat the sidekick as harshly as he possibly could with a crowbar for his own twisted amusement. He knew how soft the Bat was with people in general but never had he taken into account that this boy was the softest spot of all. He left Jason Todd half dead on the complex floor before escaping from the building to watch the explosion from a safe distance. He laughed then too. The Batman was quick to find him though and unlike him, he gave the clown a nice hard punch to the joke box. The taste of copper filled his mouth as he spit out shards and some whole bits of his teeth, scrambling to find somewhere where he could see his reflection. In a puddle, he peaked the damage the Bat had done. H-He. . . .

"Muh' smile! Y-Ya ruined muh smile!" the clown cried as the Bat dragged him to transport where he was sent back to Arkham for the thousandth time. Joker was really hit deep. His smile was everything and it was ruined. And eye for an eye, he supposed. The Bat got him good. He was quick to find someone who could fix his smile, having the teeth he lost replaced with shiny silver implants. This resulted in a flashy new grill as his prize smile. It really bugged him to not have his original preen back and so, he decided to have it branded on him permanently. He got a tattoo on the edge of his forearm of a wide, longways grin. Even when defending himself, all you would see was his grin. He was happy with the placement but he yearned for more. He got yet another tattoo on the back of his hand of a more narrow one with thicker lips that were parted rather than drawn, ( like the previous inked smile was ) tight grin. It made it easier for him to have a smile even when his own failed to prevail. On a tattoo binge, he decided to get a few more to 'remind' himself as well. He had the word Damaged emblazoned across his forehead as a sort of message to Batman saying, 'I've damaged you and you've damaged me. I was so beautiful and now, you've destroyed my face just as I destroyed your Boy Wonder.' He also got his name, 'Joker' tatted across his abdomen right under his pecs. Surely, this went without saying? It was so he didn't forget his name and neither would you if he chose to bare it. He then was talked into getting a traditional prison tear drop tattoo but, he had it instead became a 'J'. It represented a murder ( usually committed by the wearer ) and in all honesty, he deserved a hell of a lot more of them but one would say it all. Besides it only took one J to get here.