F A M I L Y

"You're such a precious boy."

3:45 AM, Tuesday morning of April 14th. It was quiet; the weather, the room and presumably the world. The peaceful silence was all thanks to a little bundle of bouncing baby boy whom was just born on that very minute of that very morning.

Jason Daniel Quincy.

Jason, the name they chose for him the moment they set eyes on him

Jason, the name they chose for him the moment they set eyes on him. Daniel, after Mommy Deliala's cousin whom went to war not too long after the woman discovered of her pregnancy. And Quincy, the last name of dear ol’ Dad, Vincent.
The married couple of five years was more than overjoyed to finally have the one piece that was missing in their lives; a child.

They've tried time after time but never succeeded. But today, they gandered in awe at the miracle that plastered smiles of endless love and devotion upon their faces. Vince glanced up at his wife, his expression softening to that of utter love for Deliala. In this moment right now, he's never been more in love with her. And she him.

"He's the smallest little thing," cooed Vince as he gently set his hand upon newborn Jason's head and subtly brushed his thumb softly against his son's cheek. Delaila weakly giggled, being spent from giving birth only a few measly hours ago. Needless to say, that day was one the Quincy's would never forget.

Just like the day it all started.

It was a beautiful day, 2:13 PM. Afternoon, Vince sat in the kitchen propped up against the counter with an apple. Delaila sauntered in with a bright, awoken smile gracing her rosy lips.

"Hey, sweetheart,"She hummed, strolling past him after placing a little kiss onto his cheek

"Hey, sweetheart,"
She hummed, strolling past him after placing a little kiss onto his cheek. He gave a grin in return, his laugh lines showing just slightly with the simplicity of the slight curl on the corners his lips.

"Morning, Del." ,he replied after swallowing the bite of apple he had in his mouth. Before they could speak to each other any further, the little pitter patter of tiny bare footsteps caught their attention. In waddled now, three year old Jason rubbing his tiny eyes with his chubby little fists. Vince hopped off the counter to meet his small son and pick him up to set him upon his hip.