Chapter 5

Bruce was very aversive to even the idea of therapy. He didn't like talking about himself and he didn't like talking about his past, but like it or not he had to sit down and talk about his thoughts and feelings. A lot of the discussions bought up a lot of negative emotions. Negative emotions were strong and they were harder to control. Bruce hated the thought of confronting these things. He had to remember his father, he had to remember lying to the courts because he was too afraid of his fathers punishments, he had to remember his father walking free...

Needless to say Bruce Banner did not like therapy.

The worst of thinking about things he had kept a lid on for so long made him more volatile, made him irrational, more agitated. He supposed though, he did see the point of rooting through these problems and trying to gain mental stability. He understood it was for the best and hey maybe it actually would create less tension with the other guy.

But that didn't mean he had to like it...

Much like a child who didn't get their way Bruce almost sulked in regards to his therapy which Solerah teased him about constantly. It was nice, Solerah still being her same old bubbly self even with everything that was going on. It gave him peace of mind. She was there for him but she gave him space. She never pressured him to reveal anything from his therapy sessions and when he did talk with her she was glad.

One thing that got worse was Bruce's sleeping pattern. Some nights Bruce had made a point to stay so far away from Solerah. Curling into a tight ball at the edge of the bed. Other nights she would just lay in bed awake and think, trying to absorb everything that was happening and think of solutions to fix this. Most nights however they just held eachother, clinging to the other with a silent desperation. Bruce would wake up some nights crying and screaming, about to change. Solerah held him throughout those nights.

Solerah spent most of her free time researching, she almost laughed, she felt like Alfred the way she was chasing after knowledge. She read Angela's psychology books, she studied up on Bruce's condition, she dedicated herself to making herself more knowledgeable. She could be smart when she needed, she always thought. She just tended to use her more physical skills rather then her brains.

She was currently sitting with Angela in a cafe having lunch and talking. She had also become good friends with Angela. It felt nice having another friend around, it felt nice just having another woman around. Angela was very straight to the point and very blunt and Solerah loved her for it. She seemed so strong and put together.

"I can understand why he likes you." Angela said, taking a sip of her coffee. "Despite being so emotionally unavailable he seems to attract his opposites. He probably feels it balances him out. We were complete opposites in college and anyone can tell how different you two are."

"Bruce isn't THAT bad, I mean he's trying! He has-" Solerah tried to think of a good way to describe him. "Like bursts! Yeah bursts of moments that I think he really works himself up to have." Solerah explained as she ate her cake.

"I can tell he's come a long way. I'm happy you two found eachother."

Solerah smiles shyly, waving her hand to brush the comment off. "I'm grateful he knew you! I have to be honest Angela I wouldn't have a clue what to do without you. So thanks, I mean that. I owe you."

"Heh, you're welcome."

————————————-

Solerah watched silently sitting opposite from Bruce at the small kitchen island as he furiously scribbled down into his notebook. She watched as he had to stop every now and then to flex his fingers and stretch his hand to take away the aches. His frown deepened as he started scratching out a sentence.

"Heeey Bruuce don't make it baaad~" Solerah started to sing.

"Not now Solerah."

"Take a saad soong and make it bettah! Remember! To let her into your hear-"

"Sol please."

Solerah stopped and frowned. "Okay fine Mr Cranky pants!"

"That's Doctor Cranky pants." Bruce replied with the smallest hint of a grin, causing Solerah to smile.

He sighed and put his pen down. "Solerah I need to be serious for a moment."

"Yeah?" She asked with a worried look.

"If anything happens to me-"

"Nothing is going to happen to you!"

"Sol."

"Sorry."

"If anything happens to me. I need you to keep him in check for me. You're good at communicating with him, as much as I hate it... you have to promise me that.

"Bruce..."

"Promise me Solerah, please."

"Alright... I promise..."

"Thank you. I can feel him growing more and more out of control in my mind. He doesn't know what's happening to me and the attack on my body is making him angry."

"I imagine he's just scared Bruce."

"The other guy doesn't get scared."

"The Hulk has other feelings too!"

Bruce frowned, crease in his brow as he pinched his nose.

"I'm sorry. I won't argue. I'll make sure nothing happens Bruce, you can count on me."

Bruce leaned over and pressed a kiss to her temple.

"I know."