Chapter 14

Samuel Sterns weaved around his work station happily, seamlessly going from one bench to another table as he created his magnum opus.   The Gamma Sphere. This would be his golden ticket. This would be key to his revenge. He would never forgive Banner for what he did. He could of created a world where humans could have been immune to any genetic disease! Think of the good that would of come!!! (and the fame, money and glory) All Samuel wanted was to do good in the world...

He reached up and glided his hand along his large cranium. Sure his intellect increased ten fold.... but now.... he was hideous. A grotesque and misshapen head housed his now immensely powerful brain. Ever since Banner's blood infected him, he counted down the days he could have his revenge and finally his plans were coming to fruition.

The Gamma orb. A machine designed to collect and contain ambient gamma radiation.

Bruce Banner's body was the most efficient gamma generator in the world. Unfortunately that pathetic man's body was crumbling and decaying because of a genetic disease. Samuel found it ironic, if Bruce had let Samuel continue to test and experiment with his blood and succeed in his original endeavour then Bruce would of never contracted ALS in the first place.

Samuel simply couldn't let Bruce die. He needed a battery after all.

An alarm went off and Samuel moved to his computer and pressed a few buttons, the lights around him dimmed and formed shadows, once more hiding his appearance as the reinforced steel door to his lab opened.

A smile formed on his lips. "Hello my dear."

"Mr Blue." Solerah said curtly acknowledging the man in front of her.

His eyes drifted towards the case she was holding. More of that delicious irony that his wife would be his downfall.

Everything was coming together nicely.

———————————-

Loud footsteps echoed throughout the cold metallic room as General Ross strode inside. Stiff back and square shouldered, he was a man that demanded attention, he was a proud man. He was a man who knew when a job needed to be done, a job to save the good citizens of America from chaos, a job that maybe even required a touch of savagery.

Whatever it took......

After all, General Ross knew in his heart that what he was doing was right.

What he was doing was for the greater good of the nation.

He stopped in front of a glass screen. Watching as a young man laid strapped to a table, the booth was sound proof but he could tell by the twists and pulses of the boy's body that he was screaming in agony.

General watched with a cold and steeled gaze as one of the men in lab coats came out to greet him.

"How's the subjects?"

"Most of them are still too unstable General. We need more time."

"Time is running out!" Ross stated as the scientist jumped, startled by the outburst.

"Every day wasted is a day that, that BEAST roams free and causes havoc! I want the project finished. Have you made Banner's original bomb yet?"

"We-well," The scientist stammered. "We've recreated the original design as best as we could but-"

"I want the test subjects exposed TODAY."

"Y-yes General..."

General Ross smirked as he walked away from the feeble man, he never liked scientists.

Everything was coming together nicely.

———————————-

Solerah was happily singing as she was buzzing around the kitchen. She had decided she would put on a banquet! Yes! A glorious feast that shall be talked about for the ages!

Atleast, she hoped it would be glorious, this was the first time she had tried to make a meal of such magnitude. Food always bought people together, good food made people happy. She had felt so useless and restless recently, she needed something to fill her time. She was having fun studying psychology from Angela's books but she wanted to DO something. So she began taking up new hobbies in her free time and now she was trying cooking.

She liked to think she was getting good! She was even making fancy desserts!

The oven dinged as she moved towards it with a smile.

Everything was coming together nicely.