Chapter 13

Solerah sat on the bed, cross legged and behind Bruce. She was currently digging her palm into his back and rubbing circles. Bruce was leaning into her touch, eyes squeezed shut, making small sighs or grunts in reaction to her massage. Solerah supposed this would be what people would call the ugly part of a relationship, the unromantic, the things people saw or ended up doing for only someone they were deeply in love with.

Bruce's muscles were degenerating at a very accelerated pace. Now they were constantly stiff or constrained to the point that sometimes Bruce couldn't move. So Solerah took up to spending a good portion of her time easing his stress any way she could. She read up and studied the best techniques to loosen muscles. She wrote for Bruce in his diaries when he couldn't perform more dexterous hand moments. Worst of all was she had to put up with his guilt, Bruce spent so much time moping, which of course Solerah understood given the situation but she really missed her old Bruce...

Once she finished loosening a particular tough knot she curled her arms around his middle and pressed a kiss to the back of his neck. Bruce placed his hands atop of hers and they shared a silent moment of intimacy.

"So," Bruce finally spoke up, he had to swallow a few times before he was able to speak. "How was your day?"

"Oh, you know," Solerah said, staring off out the window, not really focusing on anything, memories of her day flashed before her eyes.

————————————————

Solerah smiled softly as she entered the lab that was assigned to Bruce, she watched men in lab coats shuffle around, now calling this lab their own. The room bought back memories of better days.

She made her way to the cold storage, where many samples of various different things were held. She looked around until she came to a small sophisticated mechanical box. She looked at the locking mechanism, seeing it was a biometric finger print lock.

She grasped the lever and forcibly pulled it. "Whoopsie." She said nonchalantly as the door came off.

"Those are expensive." Alfred's voice chimed up, his holographic image flickering to life as she reached inside and pulled out a small plastic vial. She raised it to eye level and and shook it slightly, watching the blood within slosh from side to side.

"You can afford it."

It was lucky that Bruce and Solerah had left so quickly, running from General Ross. It made Bruce completely forget about the samples he had stored for his cure attempts. This was a lot easier then Solerah sticking a needle in Bruce while he was asleep.

"I can't believe you are going to give that to him." Alfred said as Solerah stored the blood sample safely in her pocket dimension storage vial.

"It's a risk I'm willing to take Alfie."

"Do you have any idea how many people would kill, actually kill to get their hands on that blood?"

"I'm ignoring you~" She sang out as she frowned and moved to leave the cool room.

"And you're handing it over to someone you literally called 'a creepy creep' Star."

"Ooooh nooooo the connection is breaking up." Solerah waved her hands through his body. "I'll come visit later though, love you!" She quickly left the lab, running to the nearest elevator.

"You can't outright a voice Star!"

————————————————-

A man walked through seemingly endless halls, his pace was brisk however, going to his destination with purpose. The man in a sleek suit pushed open heavy doors into a pristine working space.