Chapter 10

Solerah sighed internally as she held a wine glass, a pleasant smile was painted across her face as she laughed at something on of the men in front of her said. She hadn't done a mission like this in a long time. And now it wasn't even a mission for C.O.D.E.X. she was doing it for Mr Blue. Mixing and mingling with people carrying a facade of lies. Everyone was dressed meticulously and looked to be in high regard but she couldn't even begin to imagine the dirty handed and under cutting ways they did things to get to the top. To get to this position of luxury and elegance. Solerah thought back to her earlier conversation with Mr Blue.

"You want me to be a human shield?"

"Well you aren't exactly human now are you my dear?"

"No..."

"Then it shouldn't be a problem for you."

She was to exchange the case she had with another. Her eyes landed on her target and she casually made her way across the room towards the man.

"Klaue?" She asked.

"Well ain't you a pretty little thing." The man laughed at her. He was scruffy and he seemed too carefree. That was dangerous in this type of work.

Solerah held up her case. "If you don't mind I'd like to hurry this along."

"Now then darl what kind of attitude is that too have? Life's too short for that type of misery." Klaue said with a Cheshire grin as he held up his case.

Solerah reached to take it.

"Ah ah ah!" Klaue said pulling his case backwards and out of reach.

"Yours first missy. I got assets to protect. Gotta make sure I'm not scammed."

Solerah held back the overwhelming urge to sigh and passed him her case.

"Ooooh." He made a small giddy noise after he peaked inside. He shut the case and gave Solerah his. "All yours sweetheart."

Solerah didn't bother with any further pleasantries, knuckles gripping the case tightly as she walked away.

Mr Blue has swore she only had to do three things for him and she would get the cure she sought.

Two down and one to go...

——————————————

"You look beautiful." Bruce said almost breathless, his eyes scanned along her frame.

Solerah had just returned home and into their shared room, not expecting to Bruce to be there. She was somewhat hoping she would be alone so she could change into pyjamas and just kind of mope around the house for awhile. She felt like she earned it.

"Really? Thanks," Solerah said shyly albeit enthusiastically, a small blush on her cheeks, accompanied her grin. "Uh, C.O.D.E.X. contacted me and asked me to do some missions." She explained.

Bruce trailed his eyes over her frame. Tight form fitting red dress hugging her in all the right places, hair softly curled and styled to perfection. She was stunning, she was always stunning in Bruce's mind no matter what she wore but times like this really took his breath away.

"Is that why you've been disappearing at night?" Bruce asked, eyebrows knitted with concern.

"Oh, you noticed..." Solerah drawled. "I was hoping you didn't but yeah. That's the reason." She felt guilty for lying to him but stuck to her story. "It's nothing serious." She finished, tugging slightly at her wrists, a habit she picked up from Bruce.

Bruce stalked towards her and Solerah almost stepped back when she saw the unfamiliar dark glaze in his eyes.

Bruce approached her like a predator closing in on its prey, circling his arms around her waist and pulling her in for a ferocious kiss. Solerah responded somewhat shellshocked but entirely enthusiastic to the sudden passionate gesture, weaving her hands into his soft curly locks that she loved so much.