35.

After the talk that Jonathan and Steve had, they'd somehow ended up back downstairs with everyone else. After realizing what he'd realized, Jonathan didn't know what to think. Was he actually the boy that Steve had a crush on? Who else could it be? Tommy? No, definitely not. Steve had just given Jonathan a list of reasons he wasn't as close to Tommy, so he highly doubted he had feelings for him. Other than Tommy, Jonathan was the only guy that Steve talked to on a regular basis.

Jonathan couldn't get those thoughts out of his head as he sat in the circle that'd formed on Steve's living room. Jonathan looked over at Steve, who was sitting right beside him. "You okay?"

Steve nodded and slurred. "Yep. It's all good. All good in the hood, haha."

Jonathan laughed and rolled his eyes as Steve got up and stood in the middle of the circle. A lot of people had already left the party, but the people that were still here were sitting in the circle. Steve said they were playing a game and that they had to form a circle, so they did. Jonathan looked around and saw Carol and Tommy were across from him, sucking face. Gross.

Steve cleared his throat. "So, I know you guys are all dying to know what game we're playing tonight. Well, it involves this." He pulled an empty beer bottle from his back and Jonathan's eyes widened. "What's a party without spin the bottle? Am I right? Now, I know some of us in this circle are taken, me being an example, so instead of playing the version of the game where you have to kiss the person right here, you two will get seven minutes in that closet over there." He pointed to a door across from the living room. "That way, you can choose not to do anything with the person or you can. The choices are yours. Have at it."

Steve sits the bottle in the center of the circle and took his seat next to Jonathan as someone took the first turn and spun the bottle. "So, have you ever played this before?"

Jonathan turned towards Steve to see he was smirking. "No, and I never really planned on playing it either. Have you?"

"Oh yeah." Steve laughed. "I've played tons of times."

"Cool." Jonathan said and looked away to see that the first set of people were already making their way to the closet. "You're not playing, right?"

"I'm playing. I'll go in the closet with whoever I get, but I won't do anything. I'm not a cheater, silly!"

"Just making sure." Jonathan chuckled. "Yeah, I'm probably not going to do anything either. Especially if the bottle lands on a girl."

Steve scooted closer to Jonathan and leaned over to whisper into his ear. "Because you like boys."

"Correct."

"I like a boy."

"I know, Steve."

"Shhh." Steve pressed his finger against Jonathan's lips. "That's a secret. You can't tell anyone, okay?"

"Okay." Jonathan said. "I won't tell anyone."

"Promise?"

"Yes, I promise."

"Pinkie promise?" Steve holds his pinkie out towards him and Jonathan can't help but to smile at how cute the gesture was. So, Steve's a funny and a cute drunk. Good for him to know.

Jonathan intertwines his pinkie with Steve's. "I, Jonathan Byers, pinkie promise that I won't tell anyone your secret."

"Good." Steve said. "We can't have people knowing, now can we?"

"I guess not."

"Byers." Jonathan turns his attention to what's going on around to see all eyes on him. "It's your turn."