106.

lol hi. so, once again, i would like to apologize. it's my senior year and a lot has been going on and i haven't had much time to write and i've barely been on wattpad!! i'll try to update whenever i'm able to but idk how often that'll be!! thanks for sticking with this story though!!

When Steve heard a knock on the door, he had no idea who it was. He was home alone and he knew his parents wouldn't be home for a while. When he opened the door, he expected to see a solicitor or maybe a little girl selling cookies. He didn't expect for Nancy to furiously barge into his home.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" She yelled at Steve as he closed the door behind her.

"Well, hello to you too." 

"I'm serious, Steve." Nancy crosses her arms. It was rare that Steve saw Nancy this pissed off. "What is wrong with you?"

Steve opened his mouth to respond, but Nancy spoke before he could. "You wanna know where I just came from?"

"Where?"

"Jonathan's house." Nancy answered and Steve felt his heart drop into his stomach just at the mention of the younger boy's name. "He's heartbroken because apparently you broke up with him? What the fuck, Steve? Why? After all that you guys have been through. Why?"

"Because it's all too much!" Steve shouted back, surprising both himself and Nancy. "It's too much, okay?"

Nancy didn't say anything. She looked at him as if she were telling him to go on, so he did. "Ever since the party, I've been beating myself up over what I did. I feel so guilty for cheating on you. And I-I can't go back and change what I did and I can't just get rid of the guilt so I'm just stuck living with it. Now everyone knows about it. So now, not only do I judge and hate myself over it, but everyone is doing so too."

Steve wiped his eyes, attempting to get rid of the tears that were threatening to fall before he continued. "Not only that, but now everyone knows about me and Jonathan and how I..how I like guys! I wasn't ready for people to know. People at Hawkins can be cruel and I got scared of what they would say or do when they say us together and I-"

"So you broke up with him." Nancy finished the sentence for him. "You broke his heart because you were scared."

"Of course I was scared! I still am! Tommy outed me, Nancy! What else was I-"

"You're not the only one who got outed, Steve!" Nancy cut him off. Steve's face softened when he processed what she just said. "How do you think Jonathan feels? He already got picked on enough by the people at school and now they all know that he's gay! You don't even know how many people fucking with him right now."

Steve just stood there, tears now streaming down his face. He didn't know what to say. He felt so selfish. He was so worried about what people thought of him, he didn't even think about how Jonathan felt. Nancy saw how upset he was and stepped closer to him, putting a comforting hand on his shoulder. "I don't know what to do, Nance."

"You need to go see Jonathan, alright?"

Steve's eyes widened. "What? No. I can't. He probably hates me."

"No, he doesn't. Steve, I just came from his house and I promise you, he does not hate you. He needs you right now, okay?"

Steve nodded. "Okay."

Nancy pulled Steve into a tight hug and Steve immediately hugged her back. "I'm sorry that this is happening to you. I know you may not believe it but you're a really good guy, Steve. Maybe you've made some mistakes but you don't deserve all this shit." She pulled out of the embrace so she could look at Steve. "You do know that I'm not mad at you, right?"

"Yeah." Steve took a deep breath, trying to regain his composure before he left to see Jonathan. "Yeah. I know."

"Okay, good. I just wanted to make sure." Nancy gave him a small smile. "Now go see Jonathan. Fix things. Again."

And that's what he's gonna do.

Fix things. Again.