74.

Jonathan showed up at the treehouse at 7:55. He had no idea what Steve had planned, but it was an excuse to spend time with him and that was enough. He was about to climb up the ladder when Steve jumped out of the woods behind him. "Boo!"

Jonathan got so scared that he jumped about three feet in the air. He turned around to see Steve laughing. He put his hand over his heart. "Jesus fucking Christ, Steve."

"That is payback for the many times you have snuck up on me at school and scared the living shit out of me."

"Was that the surprise? Did you make me come all the way out here just to scare me?" Jonathan joked. "If that's the case..." He started walking away, but Steve quickly grabbed his hand and pulled him back.

"No, no, no!" Steve led Jonathan back to the ladder and then turned to him. "There's a better surprise waiting for you up there. I swear it won't scare you."

"I don't know." Jonathan teased. "You might have to convince me to go up there because right now, all I'm expecting to get when I get up there is another scare."

Steve smiled and rolled his eyes. He took Jonathan's hands and intertwined his fingers with his own. "When you get up there, you're gonna love this surprise so much that you're going to have the BIGGEST smile on your face. You're going to be like 'oh, Steve! You are the best boyfriend ever!' You might even cry."

Jonathan raised his eyebrows. "Really?"

"Okay, maybe it's not that big of a surprise, but I do think you'll love it."

"Alright. I'm convinced." Jonathan said.

Steve smiled and pulled Jonathan closer to him before kissing him, quite a few times. "Alright, alright." He pulled away. "Time for the surprise."

He stepped aside and gestured for Jonathan to go up the ladder. Jonathan began to climb but stopped a few steps up when he felt Steve playfully slap his ass. "Get up there."

"Can you not?" Jonathan asked but laughed as he continued to climb up there.

When he finally made it up, he was in awe. The floor of the treehouse was covered with blankets and pillows and there was a battery powered night light lighting up the room. In the middle of the floor was a laptop and beside that were cans of Coke and a bowl of popcorn.

Steve came in behind him and smiled when he saw Jonathan admiring the room. "You like it?"

"I love it." Jonathan said, still looking around. "It looks so cool. So what is? Movie night?"

"Yep." Steve walked over and sat down in front of the laptop. He patted the spot next to him and Jonathan sat down beside him. "Remember last week at lunch when I told you that I have never seen The Goonies?"

"Yes and I am still very upset about it."

"Well, you won't be for long because.." Steve touched his laptop and it lit up, showing the title screen of the movie. "I am about to watch it for the first time and you are going to witness it."

"Aw." The smile that had been on Jonathan's face got even bigger. "This is actually really cute."

"You're actually really cute." Jonathan rolled his eyes and when he didn't respond, Steve acted all offended. "Now is the part where you say it back and then we spend the next ten minutes arguing over who is cuter. And I'll win, of course, because you are in fact cuter and that's how things work, Jonathan. Do you not know how things work?"

The two of them just stared at each other for a moment before Jonathan finally gave in and went to respond. "No, you're cu-"

"Aw, stop." Steve said, acting all shy and flustered. "You're making me blush."

"Oh my god." Jonathan laughed. "You are such a dweeb!"

"Am not."

"Are to."

"Am. Not."

"Are. To."

"Am-"

"Steve, just play the damn movie."

"Alrighty then." Steve hit play on his laptop and put his arm around his boyfriend. The two of them cuddled and watched the movie. Steve watched the whole thing through and loved it. Jonathan, on the other hand, fell asleep on Steve's shoulder half way through it. After the movie was over, Steve turned off his laptop and laid back with Jonathan. Steve admired how adorable Jonathan looked in his sleep and wondered how he was the luckiest guy in the world to get to call himself his boyfriend before falling asleep as well.

Heyo I feel like this chapter is crappy but I'm posting it anyways so here ya go!!