Chapter VII: The One That Breaks

Pure... she can't believe that even males of the goddess clan are just as pure and conservative, she suddenly had the urge to soil it. As she said the three small, yet deeply meaningful words obviously said seriously, his face has once again turned crimson. He was shock, obviously, how his orbs widen, and lips parted were just not the expression she looked forward of.

"Wait... no---" he had stood up by then, as she immediately did the same. She felt pain for a brief second hearing that soft, small 'no' far to clearly. Was it because she was a demon? Was it because she had murdered a number of his kind? But he did to. What does that mean? Does that mean that he doesn't feel the same? That he doesn't want to see her anymore? Oh god, anything but that... she loves him too much for that... she'd be broken without him...

She had laugh hearing her say that...

She ended up becoming broken.

Why on earth did she spoke without thinking?!

"No?" She uttered in a soft voice, almost sounding like an entirely different person as her voice cracked. Her eyes felt hot, scared, horrofied of what awaits her in this very event.

"Had you finally realized who I am after saying that? Of what kind of a monster I am?"

"Yes! I mean no--- Elizabeth! This can't go on! You're a demon! I'm a goddess we can't---" He looks so troubled as of the moment as if he was too scared to hurt her. Shit, this was why she fell for him, he treated her like a being with feelings... cared for her, asks if she was alright, gave her what he could give... she had turned into an absolute mess because of him.

"We have to stop this..."

"Do you love me?"

"Elizabeth that's not the poi---"

"Do you love me?!" She demanded, needing the answer so badly. The atmosphere felt heavy, the silence driving her insane as she watch him in every action he made. How he look away, bit his lower lip, clench his fist... she waited...

And those mere seconds felt like hours.

"I do..." Joy had overwhelmed her by then, and just when she was about to go close to him he took a step backward.

"Elizabeth..." He almost sounded like he was pleading, he was scared, like she was... this of all things had to happen and it was the worse possible scenerio in the war. They were enemies, by birth, by blood, from the moment they were born they were meant to kill each other...

But look at them...

They were falling for eachother...

In a worse possible time. It was just the wrong person at the wrong time but the right love...

"This can't---"

"Shhh..." the demon had hushed, kissing his forehead, pulling the prince into an embrace.

"We're going to hold on okay?" She said, the blonde turning into a sobbing mess. For once, she wonders who the male was between them, she wants to snort at the thought.

"We're going to hold on..."

~

"We're taking over High Veltrazon?" Galan asks her as they were walking through the castle of the demon realm. High Veltrazon as been knows to be a large territory owned by the goddesses, if it was taken over the goddesses would obviously be devastated.

"Yes, we're overwhelming both sides of the city. The rest of the ten commandmemts go to the south."

"And the north?"

"I alone will be enough." She said confidently, and it was true. She could overwhelm a soldier of a hundred thousands, easily without breaking a sweat. Galan wonders for a second how on earth did the demon King created her.

As she walk away from the rest of the commandments, Monspeit suddenly approach the rather gigantic demon as the rest had look at him.

"Is there anything you want to tell me?"

"You know that goddess our princess is fond of remember?" The demon had groaned remembering him.

"Ah yes, that damned prince. Probably one of the few goddesses who is capable enough to severe even our troops alone." The prince himself was a son of a god after all, the queen of the goddesses herself so it was highly expected that he and his brothers were powerful. He had actually remembered facing two of the brothers, and underestimating them was his biggest mistake.

"The princess doesn't know, but tbe prince will likely be at Veltrazon... orders from the king is to kill him... he's too much of a liability." The tall demon had smiled at the order.

"It would be my greatest pleasure."

~

Elizabeth had always enjoyed fighting alone, there was no one in the way, more preys to hunt and more blood to spill all by herself. She was honestly trying to break that habit, specially now that she had learned to love one of the purest being she knows. She had developed it for a long time now, so it is actually or seemily imposible to forget about that habit just so easily.

But today was different, her goddess slaying activity slowed down a bit just because she would often take a second glance at the goddess she was about to kill... often seeing things that the goddess before her eye was the blonde instead.

She almost had an heart attack as well when a young goddess lays down the ground, almost as small as meliodas but with long blue hair.

This was starting to be bad for her health.

It was an overwhelming defeat for the goddesses obviously, they can never win againts her.

She suddenly felt a strong presence, turning her head to look at the city of Veltrazon now completely covered by the perceft cube... this was different however, instead of purple, it was brilliant gold.

And she only knows one goddess who is capable of creating an indestructable cube such at that.

Meliodas!

All her hearts skipped a beat, as her wings spread wide. In a single stroke of her wings, she found herself shooting through the city.

She never felt so horrofied her entire life seeing the scene before her... the ten commandments were standing before the cube along with a number of lower demons, yet she couldn't help herself but to notice that most of the demons were already dead.

Just in front of the entrance of Veltrazon, where the cube end, a goddess lays motionless, covered in blood, it was almost imposible to recognize him. His oncs pure white wings were distorted in odd directions, one of his lower wings were ripped off, completely stained with crimson along with his once golden hair and white clothes...

His emerald eyes staring into nothingness...

Between him and his brothers was the perfect magical wall, that prevents them from going to him. They were screaming for his name, telling him to wake up and stand up as both of them were crying misserable.

He looks so broken... just like how she was meant to be... just like how she used to want him... Although he was the one broken between them, she felt like she was the one being torn apart...

She felt like she was the one who was broken instead.

As for her... although time had slow down for her... she could feel anger boiling up within her just beside despair not even realizing the tears that had already fallen.

"Elizabeth!" Melascula had uttered as her rage grew far more uncontrolable. In a single flick of her finger, the rest of the lower demons shattered into minced meat. The ten commandments had look at her with pure horror, as they could feel her rage directed to them.

"How dare you..." She uttered coldly, clenching her fist as it started bleeding.

"HOW DARE YOU HURT THE MAN I LOVE!"

~~~~~~~

Okay I'm actually starting anorber PATIENT countdown all over again. Lol. But anyway, what do you think of the story so far? I would really appreciate it if you leave reviews. 😃 all in all I hope you like the chapter!