Chapter VIII: Thankful

"Love? Isn't it about time that you stop playing?! The war is not a game!" Galan had dared to kick the body of the unconcious blonde earning an ear piercing scream from his brothers. Rage started boiling far worse within her, within a split second their princess was no longer where she once stood.

The next thing thet notice was a sound of clattering metal as the green armored demon had succumb into his defeat, the princess now standing in front of the blonde as the Commandments didn't know which to do. Look at Elizabeth or Galan who was obviously dying.

"Elizabeth! What are you doing?!" Melascula had screamed, yet the mischevous smile the silverette always gave her was replaced with a cold glare... They were always together, so she couldn't believe that she would look at her like that.

It scares her...

"Leave..." She had said, ignoring the demon's questions.

"That is not an order but a threat... if you wish to leave this place unscathe, then leave." She said, one last time strongly considering about killing them.

"Quit fooling around Elizabeth!" Calmadios had screamed, leaping towards the princess who was merely staring at him. She had lifted her sword, but from the moment she had attempted to slice him into two, the demon turned to dust.

An illusion.

She had ignored the fact that the demons had retreated, as she quickly went towards the blonde.

The princess of all the demons, considered as the darkest of all evil was crying... looking completely vulnerable as her wings desappeared along with the demon markings on her face... and her eyes, her usual empty looking eyes were now in the color of a beautiful saphire, gleaming with tears as she held unto the blonde.

"Don't touch him!" Zeldris had screamed as Elizabeth ignored him, touching his chest canceling a dark curse casted upon him. Relief flooded into her system as she heard him breath, his wounds slowly healing but his life remains in danger.

"He's still alive..." She declared, not knowing what else she could do. If there was anything that could help her... no, him right now... it would be his brothers who probably strongly loaths her.

"I know you don't want to take orders from me... but you need to cancel the perfect cube... you need to cancel it... if no one heals him right now he's going to---" She couldn't utter the word. She was just too scared to utter that word, she had always loved the sight of blood and now she had loath it above everything else... specially if the blood belonged to him.

"B-but we can't... only Meliodas could make a gold one... it's almost imposible to cancel it..."

"I know you could!" She desoerately uttered, more tears falling down her cheeks. She was glad enough that Estarossa was willing to talk with her, while the rest remain reluctant.

"Please... please...when you and your brother are together nothing is always imposible... nothing would always be imposible... I'm begging you to try..." She cursed realizing that the heart of the goddess in her arm momentarily stopped beating.

"Please! We don't have much time!" She had begged this time, desbelieving herself for doing such. Not in her whole life had she imagine to beg to a goddess, well, she had begfed for Meliodas for his answer but she had completely ignored their race at that time and pretended to be a mere woman asking a man if he loved her.

Having his answer was the most beautiful thing she had ever heard...

She couldn't afgord lossing him now.

The princes bit their lower lip, placing their palm againts the perfect cube. With a large effort, the golden wall slowly turned purple. After a few seconds it completely faded, the brothers even ignoring the strength drained off them as they ran to their brother's aid.