Chapter 1

Dedicated to Britt199951

~Rachel Davies~

Ugh! I hate summer!

I wipe the sweat currently dripping from my forehead like rain drops as I impatiently wait for my train to be called up.

I think of how my life is going to change in a few hours. New town; Not really New but i haven't set foot there since after my elementary School.

My dad always tell me about how Shadow creek has changed so much over the years but I still always picture that cowboy, yee-haw feel, the boots, the beer, the bandannas, and all cowboy thingnies. Oh! and the Sexy, hairy men. Not that I like hairy men.

I'm yanked out of my brief reverie back to reality when my train is called up. I quickly get up from the side benches and drag my suitcases with me till I get to the right train. I get on when the door opens along with a few other people. I look for the carriage number that matches the number on my train ticket and enter. A boy and a girl who looks like they're about to make a baby are already occupying one part of the carriage. They quickly jump apart looking all ruffled and shy and the lady whispers a timid hi before a very awkward silence fills the air.

I clear my throat and sit opposite the couple after putting my bag in the overhead compartment. I take the book I already started reading and turn the pages to the one I already bookmarked and continue reading zoning out all sounds.

I love reading romance novels. Reading is like my escape from reality. Romance novels makes me fantasize about things. I'm a hopeless romantic who wishes for a prince charming or in my case a handsome cowboy to sweep me off my feet into intense passion but who am I kidding.

Four hours, forty-five minutes, and twenty seconds later, we finally get to Shadow creek train station. Yeah, i was counting time; Not with my head though. With a stopwatch. I'm really prim. I mark the page I'm at and grab my bag from the compartment before I get off.

I spot my dad waving frantically by the side in his worn out jeans, faded shirt and his really old cowboy hat. My dad is a hardcore cowboy. He used to win all bull competitions back in the day before he became the sheriff of the town.

"Hey dad" I say to him a wide smile stretching my lips. He kisses me on the cheek and takes both my suitcases before leading me to his police car. He puts them in the trunk while I get into the passengers seat. He gets in seconds later and starts driving.

I tune the radio channels but country music plays on them all. Well welcome home Rachel.

"So dad how've you been holding up? " I ask him taking a quick glance at him.

"I've been better honey. I'm just glad that you're home for good now. This change really makes me happy." he replies and I can't help but feel happy that my dad is happy.

He was in a really dark place for Two years after my mom died three years ago. I was in my first year of college so I couldn't move home to be with him but I promised to return immediately after college. It was a really huge decision for me to make because I had to reset all the plans i had made for my life and my future but i'd do anything to keep my dad happy because he's all i've got now.

My dad branches off the highway to the dirt path leading to our family House. We Drive for a few minutes before our big ol' family house comes into view. I smile fondly as a few happy memories flood my mind.

My grandparents first built this house and my parents lived here after they got married. They didn't renovate it till my grandparents died because my old pals didn't want anything changed, moved, or thrown out while they were still alive. We still kept some of the things they really loved though.

I remember running in the field with my papa and planting flowers with my mama. My papa also taught me to play the piano when i was six and we still have the old piano in the living room. My mama baked the best banana bread ever which she taught me how to bake. I really miss them but I know they're somewhere peaceful.

I get out of the car and make my way into the house. I climb the three steps to the porch and open the door.

I smile at the same Old interior design

I smile at the same Old interior design. Nothing New here. I check out the kitchen, living room, guest room. All the rooms downstairs before i go up to my old room. I smile as i look around the green and white room. My bed is well laid and surprisingly neat and free of dust. In fact everything in my room looks free of dust.

My dad knocks on the door before bringing in my luggage.

"I know you're tired from the Travel. So you can take a nap. I'll just check in at work to see how they're doing. There's ham sandwich in the fridge in case you get hungry."

"Thanks dad." I say to my dad and he smiles.

"You're welcome. Love you honey. See you later." my dad says and turn to leave.

"Thanks dad." I say again and he frowns in confusion.

"For?" He asks me.

"Cleaning my room." he just shrugs it off and says it wasn't a big deal before leaving the house.

The loud bang of the front door is my cue and I set to work on arranging my clothes in the drawers and putting away my toiletries. This takes up about an hour after which i'm exhausted. I take a quick shower and go down to the kitchen for the sandwich and some juice before retiring to the living room.

I grab the remote and switch channels on the TV before finding a series, i don't even get to finish one episode before I'm out like a bulb.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Important A/N; Hi guys! So I just wanted anyone reading to know that I'll be switching POV( Point of views) so no one gets confused. It would be in the order of one Rach and one drew. Thanks for understanding.

Thanks for reading.

Pls don't forget to vote, comment and share with other watty lovers of biker romance stories.

Okay so I'm going to add this in; Please if you're reading and you find any weird line or any wrongly used word I'd really appreciate if you point them out so I can correct them. Thank you so much.

Enjoy the book lovelies!

#team drachel.