Chapter One

Hey guys!! This is my first teen fiction (which is not fanfiction), so I hope you guys enjoy. It's been a long time since I've written a story, so I'll try my best. Read, vote and comment!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If there was one thing I loved about you, it would be your smile. The way your blue eyes glistered in the sun and dimples formed as you smiled. Your smile, it was beautiful. I love the fact that you smiled only for me, because anyone would fall for you if they saw it. I know I did. I remember the first day that we met, you told me that it felt as if you were alive for the first time. I did not understand that. Back then I did not understand why you did not smile for other people, you gave them harsh looks, yet when you saw me for the first time at the convenience store, you smiled a toothy grin at me. It was I that had made the first move, all because of your smile. Thank you.

I sat on my bed, eating some ramen and going through Netflix for a new series to binge. It was pointless, not because most of the series seemed boring or repetitious, but more because my interest in series and books just seemed to disappear. I spent most of my time lurking on social media, seeing what everyone else was up to, rather than doing something constructive. I guess my lack of interest started when I had just entered university, last year. I complained that I didn't have time to read or start a new series, but god knows that I had all the time in the world. Its weird because I'm only 19 years old, and I'm supposed to be out in life partying. Especially when there's parties on campus, which my friends try to drag me to. Unfortunately for them, I'm half werewolf. Which just makes you human right? Wrong. Well, right. My dad is a werewolf but my mom is a human. I inherited only my dad's wolf characteristics - that being strength and the mate sense. My older brother, Falcon, on the other hand can actually turn into a wolf. So I use my strength to get myself out of situations with friends. They've questioned my strength and I have tried to explain to them the situation, however it falls to deaf ears as my physical size is small in comparison to my strength which just makes it unbelievable.

"Fabian!", my moms voice snapped me out of my thoughts and I looked up from my laptop screen to see her standing at my doorway. My mom was a short brunette Japanese lady of 45 years old. She glared at me as I closed my laptop.

"Yes, mother dearest?", I replied in a very unenthusiastic voice. That's another thing, I try to communicate using words of endearment yet my monotone voice betrays me. It's a curse, honestly.

"It's nearly 1 pm, you should start getting ready for campus so that I can drop you off before I get back to work, musuko", she smiled at me and then left. My mom was a dentist, so whenever she had a lunch break, she came home to eat and then take me to campus. Well, depending on the day. Today was Monday, which meant that my lectures start at 2 pm. It's kind of a nice life, but at the same time it makes me feel as if I'm being unproductive when I have such spare time.

I got off my bed, went to the bathroom and rinsed my face. The mirror reflected a handsome boy, with hazel eyes and soft brunette hair. My friend, Kate, says that I look good enough to be in a k-pop band, but I feel like she just says that because I'm Korean. I thereafter took a shower, and changed into a white t-shirt with blue ripped jeans. I made my way downstairs and called out for my mom.

"It's about time you find your mate", my mom said as we got into the car. Not this topic again. Most werewolves find their mate at 18, but I for one did not. I knew that I had the mate sense, since at 18 I did feel the pull. I could not be completely human, since no human has that. Anyways, it was for a brief time and at that moment I wasn't sure that that was it. I regret not going after him, but I just knew that he will some day come to me.

"It's not like I can choose who I want my mate to be", I said as I looked out of the window.

"You should go out more then, then you'll find him. I just want you to be happy and to feel that kind of love. When your dad had gone out for a month for Alpha duties, and we weren't mated as yet, your dad told me about the pain that his wolf went through. I just don't want you to face the same pain", she said in a concerned voice with her eyes still on the road. When one finds their mate, their wolf howls with pleasure. Just leaving them for a bit thereafter will hurt the wolf.

"Well I haven't found my mate yet so you don't have to worry about that", it was a lie. The only reason my wolf hasn't reacted in such a way is because I never truly did have a good connection with him. I sometimes thought that he hated me just because of how much human I am.

She hummed in response and dropped the topic.

We approached the university and as my mom stopped the car, I adjusted my bag onto my shoulder.

"Jā matane", I said to her as I opened the door. {See you soon}

She just smiled and blew me a kiss before driving off.

Time to get to class.