I Know Your Secret

Brrr... Brrr...

Aomine picked up his phone and lazily opened one eye to check the caller ID. He saw it, closed his phone and went back to relax.

Before long he was in his happy place, thinking back to before he became the "monster", when he got a thrill from playing basketball, when his opponents didn't just give up after he scored a few points, when he still had friends... Like Tetsu.

Aomine sighed. He heard the sound of someone coming up the ladder and already knew who it was without opening his eyes. He expected her to be standing, glaring, waiting for him to open his eyes but he will not oblige her this time. He would not open his eyes.

Aomine felt something smooth forced to his ear. He was not in the mood, so he refused to acknowledge the phone for a handful of seconds then he heard a voice.

"If I didn't know better, I'd say you were ignoring me, Aomine"

Aomine opened his eyes and glared at Satsuki who had an apologetic look on her face. The voice continued, unpetrubed by his silence

"My parents are hosting a charity ball tonight. I want you to come"

"No"

He heard a slight chuckle from the other end.

"Nobody says no to me Aomine. You will come or -"

"Or what, Akashi? We're not in Middle School anymore. You can't threaten me with Tetsu's spot on the team."

"You forget Aomine" Akashi drawled "I know your secret"

Aomine drew in a sharp breath, then said, very lowly in what sounded like a growl.

"You bastard"

"I suggest you wear a suit. A blue one... blue suits you."

"Akashi don't you-"

His threats were cut off but the click from the other end. He threw the phone angrily and barely missed Satsuki's head.

"Dai-chan" she screamed

"Don't ever do that again", Aomine responded angrily. "If I'm not picking, I don't want to talk. You're not my assistant, Satsuki"

"Where are you going" she asked as she saw him climbing down the ladder.

"Out. Don't follow me"

Satsuki wanted to protest but she had tried her luck enough for the day. She looked up from her feet when she noticed he had paused halfway down.

"Sorry about your phone" he mumbled

"You'll get me another?"

"Yes"

"You could have hit me, Dai-chan"

"You of all people should know, I do not miss. Later"