Everybody Likes Kuroko

Satsuki applied the finishing touches to her outfit, picked her bag and stared at Aomine sprawled on the floor with his head lying cradled in both palms.

"Dai-chan"

"Hmm?"

"Are you going to change"

"Why would I?" He asked nonchalantly

"You're wearing the same clothes as yesterday"

"So?"
"Are you going for Akashi's party"

He finally opened his eyes.

"Heh Satsuki. Is that what you're wearing to the party? Hoping to finally catch Kise's attention hm?"

Satsuki immediately turned red and fumbled with words.

"I... You... I.. Kise.."

"No need to say anything, Satsuki" he said as he stood up and stretched lazily. "I'll put in a good word for you."

Satsuki got even redder but smiled shyly.

As she and Aomine walked down the street, she stared at him with his tanned and toned skin, the way he walked like he had all the time in the world. Like they weren't already an hour late. She stared harder at his body. The memory of last night floated back into her head. She and Aomine had been together that way a handful of times but each time seemed nicer than the last. But the way last night ended was odd.

Maybe she should ask him about it, she thought to herself.

She raised her gaze, saw that he was staring at her sideways and blushed.

"Something on your mind, Satsuki?"

"Don't get mad Aomine" she started defensively. He just stared at her, saying nothing.

She took a deep breath and continued
"Do you like Kuroko?"

Aomine slowed his steps a little and said "Kuroko is like a cute puppy with sad eyes. Everyone loves puppies"

"Kagami doesn't" Satsuki said without thinking.

"Kagami is a fool" Aomine said in a matter of fact way.

"Can we get a puppy?"

Aomine smiled. "Sure. So long as we get to sneak into Kagami's house at night and drop the puppy on his sleeping form".

Satsuki laughed imagining how Kagami would react to that. She was glad Aomine was open to the idea of a puppy. She walked a little lighter until she remembered what made them talk about puppies in the first place and felt bad for letting Aomine sideline her.

She would bring it up later. But for now, it was time to mingle. They were at the Akashi Manor. They walked into the ballroom and found it brimming with people. Satsuki spotted Akashi and started walking towards him but stopped when she noticed Aomine was walking a different way.

"Dai-Chan" she hissed under her breath. "We should go to Akashi and thank him for inviting us".

"You do that Satsuki. I'm going to find somewhere to lay down. Later"

Aomine kept walking until he spotted Midorima in a dark green suit, holding a pack of sausages.

"You're not appropriately dressed, Aomine"

Aomine ignored his comment and nodded at the pack of sausages.

"Lucky item for the day?"

"Yes" Midorima said and tipped his glasses.

They both stared at nothing until Midorima spoke.

"Why are you here, Aomine?"

"Hah?". Aomine said, quite taken aback. "I will have you know that I was invited here like everybody else"