08

Scott looks around in awe and confusion. Some things look the same while so many things look different. The cars are very different to what he's used to, though the traffic and the amount of people roaming the streets of New York isn't so surprising. He is surprised at the way people dress though, especially women. The dress code has definitely changed in the past 70 years. He stares intently at a couple that walk by him and Stiles, taking note of the man's jeans and white tank top and the girl's spaghetti strap, blue slim fitting dress that only down to just above the knees. He notices the couple give him a weird look, especially the guy. The guy's eyes narrow at Scott, almost as a warning for him to back off before hurrying his girlfriend away. Scott then suddenly feels a jab in his side. Scott winces and turns to see a wide eyes Stiles.

"Okay, second thing you need to know about this place is that you don't stare at people like that! It's creepy!" Stiles exclaims before grabbing Scott's arm and starts pulling him down the street, heading towards the parking lot where his jeep will be.

"Their clothes... Everyone's clothes... They're so different." Scott comments as he looks across the street again and notices another woman walking along in denim shorts that are frayed at the bottom and a tank top that has a very low cut.

"That's one of the things that have changed probably for the worse. Generally, people are wearing less and less clothes these days." Stiles replies nonchalantly, continuing to pull Scott along.

"Smoking is also bad for you, by the way. That was discovered a while ago, as was sunburn leading to skin cancer, so wear sunscreen out in the sun and don't worry about a tan," Stiles continues. He glances over at Scott and gives him a once over before speaking again, "though it doesn't look like you'd have to worry about getting a tan anyway."

Scott continues to look around the street, still in awe and complete confusion. There are billboards and some sort of advertisements everywhere and the smell of smoke and other types of pollution are overwhelming for Scott's senses.

"Obviously a lot has changed from what you remember it, but I think the biggest thing is technology." Stiles continues talking as he pulls his phone out and hands it to Scott, who looks at it in confusion.

"What's this?" Scott frowns as he looks back over to Stiles skeptically.

"It's a phone. An iPhone 6, if you must know. I don't really care about having the newest version. I think it's ridiculous people camp out for the newest phone models every year. Anyway, phones these days are like mini computers. They can be really helpful." Stiles explains in a cheerful tone.

Scott looks back down at the supposed phone again in wonder. It's like nothing he's ever seen before. He was wondering what little metal boxes people are holding up to their ears all around him, so at least Scott now knows that they are phones. They are nothing like the phones that Scott is used to, or has ever seen before. He is used to the ones that are plugged into the wall and there was the spinning dial in the middle and the actual phone hung over the top of the box when you hang up the phone and aren't using it.

"You can call people on this weird box thing? And it's supposed to be a 'mini computer'?" Scott asks doubtfully as he looks over at Stiles again, still holding onto the phone and turning it over in his hand.

"Yeah. It's amazing what phones can do these days. They can even take pictures. Here, I'll take one of you now." Stiles says, stopping in his tracks, grabs the phone from Scott and unlocks it, quickly going to the camera app and takes a photo of a startled looking Scott. Stiles chuckles as he sees the picture and then he shows it to Scott.