09

"Welcome to my apartment! I know it's not the biggest thing in the world, nor does it have the nicest view, and the parties upstairs get really loud and annoying on Friday nights, but this is home." Stiles smiles proudly as he walks backwards through the entrance, Scott following after him, closing the front door behind himself. It seems like Stiles is watching for Scott's reaction. Scott looks around in wonder, trying to take everything in.

"No, no, it's fine. I like it." Scott comments with a light smile as he looks around. Stiles smiles in relief, happier than he thought he would be that Scott actually likes his place. He gives him a quick tour of the place, showing him the bathroom, toilet, kitchen, dining room, bedroom, laundry and finally, the living room.

"I'm sorry, I know it's a little messy, I was intending to clean up at some point." Stiles apologizes as he takes note of the DVDs, CDs, cushions and even a blanket or two sprawled out on the floor.

"Nah, it's okay, Stiles. I don't mind. It gives the place a comfortable feeling, you know? Like someone actually lives here. I think I would be scared if it was completely neat and tidy, not even a speck of mess." Scott reassures Stiles in light hearted voice.

"Well, I guess that's a good thing." Stiles says as he flops down onto the couch. He then points to the large flat screen tv.

"That's a TV, by the way. I'm sure you've seen a TV before, but obviously nothing like this. It's in color, too." Stiles informs Scott, as the tanned young man turns to look at the TV hung up on the wall.

"Wow, that's cool. And different, but definitely cool." Scott comments, spotting his reflection in the glass of the TV that is switched off.

"We are going to be watching some movies on here, to get you caught up on classics and the best movies ever made. Star Wars is definitely the first thing we will watch. It's the best franchise of all time. I always get excited when they release a new one at the cinemas. So yeah, you're definitely watching Star Wars with me, buddy." Stiles comments after a moment. Scott turns to Stiles with a confused frown.

"Star Wars?" Scott asks uncertainly, never having heard of this apparent movie series before, but that's obviously not really a surprise, since it must have come out after his time. Still, Stiles looks deeply offended by Scott's questioning statement.

"Yes, Star Wars. As I said, it's the best movie series ever. It's a must watch, if you really want to settle into today's society." Stiles says stubbornly, almost huffing a little. Scott almost laughs at Stiles' stubbornness, finding it a little cute.

"Okay, okay, I'll watch Star Wars with you, don't panic." Scott eventually answers, not having enough willpower to keep the smile off his face, but Stiles doesn't seem to care, very satisfied with Scott's worded answer.

"Good, good." Stiles says, letting his body relax on the couch, leaning his head back and closes his eyes. Scott moves away from the couch and moves around the room, looking at every little thing, including little ornaments and small objects standing on the shelves around the room, and on the coffee table. As Scott walks towards the open dining room space, he makes his way over to a shelf that is filled with photos in frames. Scott peers closer at them. He notices quite a number of them have a young brown haired boy and a man and a woman posing for a photo in front of a nice background, or there are some more relaxed ones, like picnic photos in the park involving the small group. Scott assumes right away that the man and the woman must be Stiles' parents, and the child in the photo must be Stiles.

Scott notices there's a photo of Stiles sitting with his mom in a hospital bed, both of them with weak smiles and tired eyes, pain and heartbreak also in Stiles' eyes in particular. Scott frowns sadly, wondering what was going on there, what the story is behind the picture. Scott continues looking at the other family photos, noticing that there are definitely more photos of Stiles with his dad as he grows up and appears older. There are also pictures of just his mom and dad too, either the two of them together, or just a single photo of them. Scott smiles a little. Stiles looks like he has a really nice little family. He wonders if his parents still live or have ever lived in New York. Scott then looks down at another shelf full of photos.