•Excalibur•

They got to Granny's and the sun had already come up. They spent all night working on getting Merlin out.

They got over and saw Zach running out. "What's wrong?" Maya asked worried.

"Your parents are frozen in there." He said worried.

Maya chuckled. "They are fine. We are about to get them out. Well Merlin is." Maya said looking to the man who nodded. "Zachariah this is Merlin. Merlin, Zachariah." Maya smiled.

"Nice to meet you sir." Zach bowed his head lightly to Merlin.

"You too." He nodded back before they walked into Granny's.

Merlin waved his hands and nodded. "Okay. This should be easy." He put his hands back up and pushed slightly. David and Mary Margaret took a breath and then they looked around.

"Emma." Mary Margaret said as they went over to her worried.

"We're so sorry. If we knew Arthur's true intentions we never would have confronted him alone." David assured looking at her.

"It's okay. I'm just glad Merlin could help." Emma smiled as David looked to Merlin.

"You're ... Merlin?" He asked surprised. "I expected someone... older." He admitted.

"Being a tree for thousands of years does wonders for skin." Merlin joked.

"Well now that the great sorcerer is among us maybe you can tell us how to get the darkness out of Emma." Hook suggested looking to him.

"Sure." He smiled. "But it comes with a caveat." He said looking seriously at Emma. "Darkness like this takes hold of a person, find its way deep inside where no one can see. If you want to be free of its grasp I need to know one thing. Is your heart truly ready to be free of the darkness? Because it's up to you just as much as it is up to me." Merlin explained. The pressure was definitely on.

"Yes." Emma nodded lightly.

"We need to get Lancelot out too. He's in danger by being there right now." Mary Margaret explained looking at Merlin.

"Then that's what we'll do." Merlin nodded.

"I need to rest. The spell to get you out took a lot out of me." Maya explained looking to Merlin.

"That's fine. I only need a few of you to come help." Merlin explained.

"I'll go." David volunteered.

"As will I." Zachariah added after him.

"Me too." Hook put his hand up halfway.

"You might need me to break some spells." Belle said.

"Then we will go now. Let's get to it." Merlin said as they walked out.

Maya poofed up a pillow. They couldn't very well go back to the castle now. Thankfully everyone got to Granny's before things went bad.

"Maya I thought you couldn't use magic." Mary Margaret said concerned.

"I can now. Merlin broke Emma and I's bond." Maya answered as Mary Margaret looked at her surprised. "Temporarily. Just until the darkness is out of her." I explained as she looked to us.

"I was worried for a second. I thought-" Mary Margaret started shaking her head lightly.

"We would never do it if it meant forever." Emma answered as she looked at her mom with a smile. Maya nodded in agreement. Mary Margaret smiled back. "Maya get some rest. You need to have your energy up." Emma instructed as Maya nodded.