Pride

Pride, the negative variety

Pride, the negative variety. (Latin "supervisor") is considered, on almost every list; The original and most serious of the Seven Deadly Sins. It is irrationally believing that this immortal is essentially and necessarily superior, or more important than others, failing to acknowledge the accomplishments of others, forgetting ones own lack of divinity, and refusing to acknowledge ones own faults, limits and wrongs as a human being.

If you are good enough for his standards and is accepted into his life, he will be kind, rarely will he care and be affectionate towards you. But- at least it's a start.

- "beautiful on the outside, cruel in the heart."

He was given the name not only for his sudden overconfidence but because of the put downs he gave out before the sudden change of event. Like all the others, he used to regret. But now- they're all too used to being who they now are. Pride is no longer his old cheery self.

Pride isn't like any other, the most similar of the Seven Sins to him is of course his dear friend Lust. Pride can give you what you've always wanted, and can cherish you like he once used to, to me and his past. But- it's hard work, getting him to trust you is your first step.

Because he can help you too.

Just don't lie.

A loud and obnoxious groan left my lips when I had realised the utter pain in the ass, rather known as Pride, was sitting above me as I slept, his elbows holding him up steadily from beside my head.

I blinked in my sluggish form which was from my sleep, watching from below as a sour simper fell onto his lips, before it immediately fell into a scowl.

"You look so ugly." He sighed. Lifting a hand up to rake it through his tousled blonde hair. "Can I please make you look a little nicer?"

A distraught groan left my lips as I tried to ignore the immortal in front of me, his dim eyes piercing my face with such an intensity it made me uncomfortable.

" No, I like how I am now. Your pathetic words won't hurt, I have the ability to withstand your shit." I sighed, finally looking towards his eyes, which now shimmered an attractive gold.

"But your hair is so dark, and you're so fair skinned. Immortals like us never see sun light, so how are you not pale?" He sneered, pinching my hair from underneath him and pulling at it.

"It's natural." I rolled my eyes at his personality. "Now will you please leave me alone? Go play with Lust or Gluttony."

My annoyance towards the male aroused when he rolled his eyes back, a sour and dry chuckle left his beautifully swollen lips. Which I was sure was from something.

"Gluttony gets too secretive, sometimes he won't even tell me what he's thinking about anymore." The male scoffed, a far away look plastered on his face as he thought through memories.

" And Lust? " Pride scoffed again, although this time his melody was full of annoyance, probably towards Lust. "He's always complaining. I'de rather spend my time with Sloth, he's actually bearable."

" Then go! I don't want to see your face, especially when you're this close."

"Oh you do." He denied my words, arguing back with some pathetic excuse. "You keep looking towards my lips." He smirked, licking his lips before moving a hand to graze my cheek, his eyes twinkled enthusiastically.

"I mean... I understand why you can't stop staring. I'm pretty attractive."

A sour scoff left my lips. "I woke up to a nightmare in front of me. How hideous can you get?"

Pride's features darkened, and his face inched forwards in a cat like manner as his hands moved to hold my hands down. His lips, grazed my own, and I was far too nervous to speak.

"I have to say, you are one hell of a creature." His voice dropped a few octaves, which slightly terrified me. Especially when his eyes dimmed drastically and I could see a blooming colour of gold mingled with his eyes.

"You entice me Kitten." He purred.

And after the words left his lips, they crashed with mine.

It was beautiful, really. But I knew with all my heart it was a facade, a cruel one at that. Not only so, but I realised how doomed I was if my brothers knew what has been happening through out my mission here.

They warned me of what they could do.

I remember them saying.

"Don't let them trick you, for you will never leave that place again."

But I let him.

- who do you think Pride is?