Chapter Eleven

[ E L E V E N ]

Elaina ran inside her apartment building to escape the heavy rain, her hair was wet, her clothes damp, and she was freezing. Sighing she shook her head and made her way towards the elevator wanting to go dry off already before she got sick. Her thoughts ran back to the afternoon news where they had clearly stated that there would be no rain showers but obviously they had lied, and she had lost faith in them. Just as she neared her door she heard the loud thunder and let out a groan entering her apartment shutting the door behind her quickly. Without wasting time she headed straight into her bathroom for a hot bath to ease her freezing body.

As she walked out of the bathroom after a hot shower she heard her phone ringing, placing her wet hair in the towel she walked over to her nightstand grabbing her ringing phone and answering it.

"Hello?"

"Elaina, it's been three weeks already." The familiar voice of her doctor stated, "Next week if you have time please come in for a scan and see if you need yet another injection."

"Oh okay," she let out a sigh of relief, "Thank you for reminding me, Doc."

"That's my job, darlin' now I'll see you next week."

"Yes you will," she laughed softly, "Thank you." After hanging up the phone she placed the phone down on the nightstand and headed into the closet. Her thoughts of cancer coming back alive scared her but her doctor had assured her repeatedly that everything was fine, so she slowly wiped all thoughts of negativity out of her head. She was fine, she was happy, everything was alright. There was no need to shed tears anymore, no need for the pain and agony.

Stepping out of her room, she smelt something and walked into her kitchen raising a brow at the figuring rummaging through her fridge. Clearing her throat she caught his attention and the handsome male turned around meeting her eyes, a devilish smirk on his face.

"Niko." She giggled walking towards him and wrapping her arms around his waist.

"Hello, amore mio." He said pecking the side of her lips causing her to whine, he chuckled and placed his lips over her giving her a proper kiss she craved. "Our plans for tonight are ruined." Elaina laughed softly nodding her head.

"I know." She smiled, "But it's not like we like going out." She stated.

"That is true." He chuckled lifting her. Elaina wrapped her arms around his neck and legs around his waist clinging to him as he walked them over to the couch sitting down with her on his lap. "Look at your red nose." He laughed flicking it softly with his finger, "Such a cute nose."

"Hey!" She complained pulling away from him. "Stop that, and go change." She said getting off his lap.

"Oh right." He chuckled standing up and grabbing his duffel bag with his clothes that he brought. She ushered him into the room to change while she went back to the kitchen to cook some dinner for both of them. It didn't take long for him to return with just sweatpants and a blanket, shaking her head she started to cook while he threw the blanket onto the couch and walked over to her asking if she needed help.

"I'm almost done." She giggled shaking him off, "What you can do it set the table." Nikolai groaned but nodded his head and rummaged through the cabinets.

"Why didn't we just order food?"

"Why when we've got all this food." Elaina rolled her eyes, "You don't eat homemade food much do you?" He shook his head and she gave him a pointed look.

"Be ready to fall in love with my cooking." She winked at him playfully as he passed her with plates in his hand.

"I'm going to spending my evenings here from now on then." He stated as he placed the plates down near each other at the round table making her roll her eyes. Heading back he grabbed their utensils, the jug of water from the fridge, and two glass cups for both of them.

Elaina dished the meat onto a clean plate and took it over to the table, while Nikolai walked over to the kitchen stove grabbing the baked bread inside the oven. The menu for tonight was Shrimp Alfredo and garlic bread. A dish she found out Nikolai favored after the last dinner date out. And after learning the recipe and experimenting several times she got it down to the right flavor.

"Smells delicious baby." Nikolai smiled as he took a seat pulling out hers beside him and patting it for her to sit down.

"I hope you like it." She smiled taking a seat beside him rolling her eyes when he pulled it closer to him. "Is it necessary to be this close?" Nikolai nodded his head as he brought up a fork full of the shrimp Alfredo.

"Very." Elaina shook her head and got to eating herself almost having a fight with Nikolai who insisted that he had the last piece of bread.

"Since you want to be childish you will clear the table and wash the plates." She huffed as she stood up ignoring him.

"Baby." He whined taking a bite into the delicious bread. Elaina turned around spotting the slight pout on his face with his face stuffed with the bread and laughed.

"You're still cleaning up." She started giving him a smile, "Are you spending the night?"

"Yeshh." Came his muffled reply, laughing she shook her head and washed her hands before opening her fridge and taking out the small Caprisun juice.

"Mhm ok."