Chapter Twenty - Nine

[UNEDITED]

TWENTY - NINE

Elaina laid on the bed as her worrying husband trailed around the room. He was heading on a business trip for three days to London and he didn't want to go but it was something that was set months ago, he could no reschedule. She enjoyed watching her husbands frazzled face as he trailed around in their room.

"Come with me, tesoro." Nikolai told her, Elaina chuckled rubbing her stomach as she shook her head.

"I don't think I can handle being in air for a long time while carrying, Niko." Elaina stated softly as she sat up her stomach almost causing her to fall back down. Nikolai walked over after placing his small luggage down and helped her up from the bed. Wrapping his arms around her to keep her steady he waited until she tapped his arms then did he let up with a chuckle.

"I don't want to miss your appointment." Nikolai grumbled.

"I'll sent you pictures," Elaina said as she turned around cupping his face in her hands. "Your brother and Kaden are coming over to keep my company as well as my own brothers, do not worry." Pecking his lips softly she pulled back looking into his eyes. His dark eyes filled with worry and doubt as he gazed down her protruding stomach. "All you need to worry about is work, once it's done you can head on over home okay?" Nikolai groaned nodding his head.

"Okay I'll finish it up as soon as I can." Elaina nodded satisfied with his answer. "Why don't we head down and eat some food?" Elaina smiled taking his hand into hers and heading out of their room. Nikolai followed closely behind her watching her with careful eyes as they descended the stairs. As soon as they reached the bottom Nikolai walked ahead of her into the kitchen to grab her bowl of fruits she had gotten up early in the morning to cut.

Just as the husband and wife were about to sit down at their table the doorbell rang and Nikolai got up from his seat walking down the hallway to the front door. Checking the security camera he was tempted to pretend they weren't home but as they kept ringing the doorbell he got annoyed.

"Ian." He grumbled as he opened the door greeting his brother, nephew and mother who was gleefully bouncing on her heels. "Mama why are you here?"

"Can't I pay my son a visit?" Amara pushed passed him walking down the hall to the kitchen dining room where she spotted her pregnant daughter-in-law munching on a bowl of fruits. A full blown face covered the older woman's face as she sat down joining her daughter-in-law. "Elaina, how are you?"

"Hi, Amara." Elaina smiled at her mother-in-law who was beaming at her. "What brings you here today?"

"Came to check up on you and my grandkid."

"I thought you said you were here to visit me?" Nikolai huffed as he walked into the dining room Kaden in his arms. "Kaden say hi to aunty." Elaina smiled at her husband as he placed the young boy down to zoomed towards her careful of her stomach.

"Hello Kade." Elaina chuckled leaning down to peck the young boys cheeks. "How are you today? Do you want some watermelon?"

"Melon, please." The toddler reached out, Elaina placed the watermelon into his open palm and he quickly gobbled it up thanking her with a toothy grin.

"My favorite sister-in-law." Ian chuckled, Elaina giggled shaking her head.

"I'm your only sister-in-law." Elaina laughed lightly reaching up to give him a hug.

"True that." Ian laughed as he placed a kiss on her cheek. "How are you and the baby?"

"Having fun." Elaina stated a warm smile on her face as she pinched the young toddlers cheeks lightly as he giggled. "The guest room has been prepared for you two." She informed him. Ian nodded placing the duffel bag on the ground, "My brother will be heading over tonight as well. Apparently they'll all be shuffling around spending the night until Niko comes back."