Chapter Twenty - Two

T W E N T Y - T W O

[UNEDITED!]

"That's how you know my grandparents?" Nikolai said as he pulled up to her drive way to drop her off, Elaina giggled nodding her head.

"Yes, your grandmother is an amazing cook by the way, a genius." Elaina gushed, "She had thought me so much in a span of a week." Nikolai chuckled watching her eyes grow wide. "I never thought the grandson she spoke of was you," she smiled, "Makes me think that we really are destine to be together."

"Not really," Nikolai shook his head, "We ARE destined to be together and I wouldn't trade you for the world." He leaned over pecking her lips softly. "We won't be spending the next two nights together but I'll see you soon baby."

"Mhm," Elaina hummed kissing him softly, "I love you."

"And I love you even more, beauty." He smiled softly raising his hand to caress her face gently, "Looks like your brothers are waiting for you," He chuckled pointing out the window to the three male figures standing atop the stairs waiting for their little sister.

"I see they've missed me." Elaina laughed lightly as she unbuckled her seat belt, her eyes widening when the three figures rushed down the stairs racing each other to get to the door just as Nikolai unbuckled his own seatbelt ready to get out.

"I've got it!" Evan pushed the other two out of the way as he opened the door for his little sister. Elaina stepped out with the help of her brother who smiled triumphantly. "Welcome home, Iniya."

"Thank you." Elaina smiled at her brothers.

"Nikolai," the brothers greeted as he waved at them, "Thank you for bringing her back safely." Ethan said.

"Always." He nodded. The three brothers took the time to walk up the steps leaving their little sister to bid her last goodbye to Nikolai before he took off.

"Beauty," He called she turned around raising a brow. "I love you, mi amore."

"I love you too," She smiled, "Drive safe, okay?" Nikolai nodded a charming smile on his face, "Enjoy your time with your family and I'll see you soon."

"I'll miss you." He groaned, Elaina giggled shaking her head. "I've gotten used to you sleeping by my side that now I won't be able to fall asleep."

"Well suck it up." She laughed lightly, "Go it's getting late." She stepped back waving at him.

"Call me." He said watching as she walked up the steps first and entered the house before he pulled out driving out of the driveway and passed the gates that closed automatically behind him.

Elaina entered her home greeted by her grinning brothers who whisked her towards the tree. The tall Christmas tree sat right in their living room corner near the fireplace, decorated with all kinds of color. Her eyes widened as she took in the sight of the Christmas tree that looked like it had been assaulted by the rainbow.

"Why does it look like the rainbow spat on our tree?" She questioned her brothers whom had been left to set up the tree in her absence.

"It doesn't look that bad." Evan glared, "We each added our own touch."

"No we didn't." The two older brothers chorused shaking their heads.

"It was Evan." Elijah snitched on his younger brother, "Ethan and I were trying to go with the red and gold theme but this one wanted to add all sorts of color, blue, pink, yellow and even lime green like where does lime green fit into Christmas?"