Chapter One: Sophie Newman

We were just outside Manhattan where trees grow on the ground and not in greenhouses on top of an apartment building. Josh was driving, and I was in the back seat of this 2005 black Honda Civic that we borrowed from a friend of ours. I noticed that Scathach was staring out the passenger side window, her green eyes flicking back and forth as she scanned the thin woods for any sign of the monsters that have escaped their Shadowrealm prison. Josh's eyes wandered over to the woods on his side of the car, and then he seemed to remember that he's the one driving and tensed up.

"Josh, how about you focus on driving and I'll look on this side." I suggest. "Scatty probably has everything covered on the other side."

My twin nods his head in agreement as I scooted over to the other seat. I brushed my blond out of my face and began to scan for anything out of the usual.

"Josh, stop." Scatty said suddenly and the car jolted to a stop. "Pull over by that strawberry field it looks sort of suspicious."

"How does a strawberry field look suspicious?" Josh asked as he turned the wheel, pulling onto the grass and parked.

"It just doesn't seem right." Scathach got out of the car with both of her short swords drawn and Josh and I followed her into the woods. As we passed by a rickety old sign painted 'Olympic Strawberry Farm', I began to sense that this place held a lot more than strawberries.