➻3: Alpha Superior

My eyes were wide and I took a step back, happy he gave me enough space. Questions over questions flood my mind as I stare at his brown eyes who had hope in them.

"Why?" That was all I can ask.

"I've liked you since we were kids Mia. You are to be my Beta what more if you were my Luna." He said taking a step closer to me.

I shake my head. This is wrong. This feels wrong. "But I'm not your mate."

"I know, but I like you Mia you will soon grow to like me too. After all, what happened to you I promise I can replace him." He said with so much hope. A tinge of pain crosses me as he mentioned him.

Of course, he knows of my rejection, the entire pack knows of my despair in those span of a week. Sungjae was an eligible man and I respected him a lot but he has not found his mate. "What if you suddenly find her?"

His smile slightly faltered. "But we are to have a bond, Mia. Our wolves will be connected."

"I don't like this idea, Mia." I heard my wolf say.

As much as his offer was tempting I wasn't ready and I wasn't sure of my feelings this is all too much to take in.

"I'm sorry, Alpha but I need time to process this all," I say with my head down.

After a second I heard him sigh. "Okay then, I shall let you have some time to decide."

He slowly walks outside the room before looking at me one more time pain crossing his eyes as he tries to conceal it with a smile that did not reach his eyes as he left.

I went home in a daze still confused about what happened awhile ago. How can training go from confessing?

Fate really has a weird sense of timing. I changed my clothes and heard the front door from downstairs close signaling that my father has arrived home. He was still the Beta until he was ready to retire. Though I prefer he stayed in his job he told me how he was getting weak and I need to start doing something which I did not really understand.

I slumped to my bed with my arms under my head. Sighing loudly as I stare at the stars right outside my window and admire it twinkling almost forgetting the offer of the Alpha.

Should I accept it?

Is it wrong that I should be mated to someone even though I was not destined for them? I was not afraid really for I was already rejected by my mate therefore I was fine to marry someone else my only fear was that amidst our relationship what if he finds the woman destined for him and the mate bond is harder to cut off than said.

I still wonder how he had rejected me the moment we met and how I felt so much love on the spot and felt broken right after. I shake my head slightly at the deepening thoughts and sat up straight to get a book instead.

I was reading for about three hours now until I heard shouts and screams from outside. I look out the window wondering if there was a party held by our neighbors only to see half of the forest burning. Without wasting any more time I grabbed the nearest sweater and put it on and stepped out of the room.

My father was tying his shoes in a hurry he stopped to look at me.

"Stay, Mia." He Commanded but his words reached deaf ears as I step out of the house. I heard him groan and muttered along the lines of "—she never listens."

Smoke was slowly filling the places and some roofs were burning and everyone was running around to the main packhouse. I watch and stared as my nose scrunches from the odor. My eyes suddenly caught movements along the forest line. Shadows of men.

"Go to the city. I shall check the houses." My father said as he kissed my forehead.

I looked back to the forest and saw nothing anymore. As my curiosity hit me I walked up to the forest and reached the middle where I heard voices. Completely dismissing my father's orders. I quickly hid behind a tree and tried masking my scent.

"This will hurt Mia." I heard my wolf say as she squeezed herself at the back of my mind to remove herself.

I leaned closer to hear their conversations with my wolf feeling so far from me I only heard a few words. I checked once and saw about 20 men in a huddle.

I was ready to turn back and report this to the Alpha and with that, I step carefully not wanting to get their attention.

Clumsy as ever my foot stepped on a twig and it breaks. The sound resonating around the silent forest. The silence thickens as the voices from the men died down and soon I felt strong arms around my wrist and I was pinned against a tree.

I was supposed to be feeling scared, alone, and nervous but all I felt was nothing of that sort. I felt tingles, happy, and safe. Something I longed to feel, longed to touch.

A man with brown orbs, long black hair, a sharp nose and jawline, porcelain skin stared at me. Some of his hair hitting his eyes. His beautiful eyes were shining under the light of the stars. Almost held his own galaxy. Those parted soft pink lips it was too much for my eyes to see perfect face to face.

I stared longer mesmerizing his features as he too to me. What is this? It's impossible.

I can't possibly have two mates. By every passing second, the tingles my wrists were feeling from his was getting worse add the close proximity. Remembering my first plan I kicked his groin and fled hearing a groan and a growl that sent chills right up my neck.

Maybe I shouldn't have done that.

I ran to the packhouse and saw almost everyone was there. Soldiers were outside and stationed.

I saw my father and the alpha talking with the commander in chief and I walked closer to them. As if sensing my presence they turned to me and I saw the relief flash from my father and Sunjaes eyes.

"I told you to go back to the city immediately," Father said.

"Well glad I didn't," I said.

I faced Sungjae and bowed momentarily. "About 20 Men alpha," I informed him.

His eyes widened. "How did you know?"

Moments from earlier flashed and the pair of brown orbs and pink lips flashed before my eyes and I almost wanted to go back to him. "I saw alpha."

Sungjae was about to open his mouth and say something before we heard the front door explode. The wood shattering everywhere. We all went in front of the pack members as we came face to face with the group I saw awhile ago.

In the light I saw them better I saw the man in the middle and it was him. My second mate.

He stood among the men behind his back. He was y'all and I was just below his chin if i May say so myself. He flowed at the light and I almost saw other ladies drop their jaws at the sight. He was gorgeous almost like a God. Too good to be true. Too powerful to be true. I felt waves over waves of power radiate off of him and some people cower back. The moment he steps in his eyes were locked on me. My wolf yelped and I felt waves of happiness from her. The mate bond tightening every passing second our eye was locked and it took me every ounce of control not to run into his arms.

Sungjae saw him staring at me and put me behind his back. He must have not liked it for he growled completely freezing everyone. God that was sexy!

I saw how his eyes darkened as he stares at the hand that was wrapped around my wrist. He glared at Sungjae and at that moment I felt fear for the man who was brave enough to shield me.

"Do you not know him, Mia?" My wolf asked which I answered no.

"He is the Alpha superior.

Our mate is a King."

TBC