➻9: Ignite the Fire

I smiled to myself seeing the alpha walk pass everyone back to what seems like the pack house. A tap on my shoulder made me look back.

"Here." Yoongi handing a bottle of water with Jimin trailing behind him.

"You did great." Jimin said smiling handing me a towel to cover my body, I forgot I was just wearing my sports bra.

"Thanks." As we started walking back to the pack house. I still received stares but they were a lot different now, an ounce of respect I suppose. I don't think they know who I am yet or why I am here.

I can hear whispers that made my blood coil but I tried to keep a poker face as Yoongi was simply not minding anything. Jimin on the other hand was kind enough to distract me.

We reached the pack house and I had to say goodbye to Yoongi and Jimin who had to do some other things.

Delilah opened the door for me with a smile on her face.

"Mia! I heard everything, you did so great!" She said guiding me to the kitchen.

"I never knew you had such fighting spirit. You are perfect for alpha." She said with a mischievous glint on her eyes that had my eyes widen. This woman had some crazy ideas.

"Go help yourself with a drink, I'll be helping little pups outside. If you need anything else just come to me." Delilah said smiling so fondly at me. I smiled back with the same fondness. This woman was the only wolf that made me feel like I belonged here.

I decided wether to change clothes first or eat lunch. Looking at the grandfather clock it was the middle of the afternoon already and I haven't eaten anything for lunch yet. My lazy mind taking over I decided to eat whatever the kitchen had to offer before changing. The sweat soon evaporated as the breeze in the mansion dried them off.

Opening the closest drawer to my right, I found canned goods. My mouth watered at the sight of corned beef. Without any thought I put some on a small plate and microwaved them as I got myself some rice and utensils. I was left alone eating corned beef in the little bar the kitchen had.

My mind drifted to the events just minutes ago and the lips of a certain alpha kept replaying in my mind.. I shook my head thinking he was probably making fun of me. He didn't even react to my other courses so that probably isn't even for me. My wolf growled at my overthinking mind. I sighed to myself.

It was still hard for me to accept whatever it was happening here. I found a second mate that doesn't usually happen. Not just any mate but the alpha superior himself. This man whom my wolf is longing for is the man everyone has been fearing since he was born. I too was scared of the stories I heard when I was younger and the thought of him and the stories sent shivers down my spine. I do not know what the moon goddess has in store for me but I hope this will not repeat history. I have become so close minded and insecure of how everyone thinks after the incident.

My thoughts stopped when I hear footsteps approaching the kitchen. There standing in his glory the alpha of the house. He still wore his polo shirt that suits him so well, defined his muscles, and complimented his skin. I gulped at the sight, it was definitely not something to hide that Taehyung was too beautiful for his own good.

My eyes drifted to his hands that was holding a blue Gatorade. He started walking towards me as our eyes met and my heart started beating faster as he took each step.

"Alpha." I said finally having the courage to speak up and acknowledge him.

He nodded and handing me the Gatorade he had in his hands. My eyes widened before looking at him questioning his intention. I didn't have the courage to ask him questions so I just muttered a small 'thank you' and took the Gatorade.