Chapter Two

The Prep
Chapter Two
Elijah P.O.V

Beep! Beep! Beep!

I groan at the alarm clock. I pull my head out from its safe place under the covers to glare at the device creating the loud blaring noise before sighing and leaning over to turn the thing off. I rub my tired face with my hands before throwing the covers off my body, and yawn escaping my mouth as I stretch my limbs.

My younger and only other sibling runs into my room, holding a bright neon orange bucket that was obviously full of water. I glare at her, knowing completely what she would have used that bucket for. She whines, knowing she won't get to throw the, probably ice cold, water on me like she has nineteen other memorable times. "MOM!!" She yelled loudly, causing me to wince at the noise, and she glared daggers at me, shutting me up. "He's already awake!" She yelled again, and I heard our mother respond with a loud okay. My sister looks over at me once again, before sighing and muttering under her breath, "Where's the fun in that?" Her shoulders drop as she turns around walking out of my room, her pigtails flopping around, and leaving me with a large smile on my face.

My sister, she had her bright blonde hair and large bright blue eyes that a guy would die for. My sister, who was only just a teenager at the young age of 14. I fear the day that my sister has guys chasing after her. 

I climb out of the warm bed, and the warmth I worked all night to create disappeared instantly. I shiver slightly at the cold, chilly air that was my room before gazing around the room I've worked years to perfect to match me perfectly. I have a bunch of stupid trophies from spelling bees, debates, and even a few from my past soccer games, a sport I no longer participate in. My sister has a couple of violin trophies, though she isn't the best and struggles with the instrument to a point where she's ready to give it up, though she truly loves to play. I think mom is going to talk to her instructor about getting her a tutor or someone to help her improve with the small instrument.

I, myself have never found a musical instrument to be a thing I wanted to try, it might have been because I already had debate and the school newspaper on my shoulders, along with my high grades and my dream of being on student council, which I am proud to say I am one of the members of the council now, something I worked hard to accomplish, it also simply seemed more interesting than an instrument would have been.

I walk over to my large, walk-in closet full of expensive clothes that are probably worth more than one-hundred thousand dollars in total, wincing slightly at the cool floor against my feet. I could and was considered to be spoiled but at this point in my life, how couldn't I be? My father is CEO of mass production computer and music company, Greenive. Not only does my father create amazing electronic devices he works with artist, famous people who you hear on the radio, or on YouTube. I honestly don't know why my father named it Greenive, he said it simply had to be Greenive, even going as far as to name it my sister's middle name, which is Greenive.

Once I grab clothes that I deem worthy of today, which honestly sound like it took a long time, when it honestly didn't, I leave my room and walk down the long flight of stairs, passing my sisters bright purple room in the process, seeing a couple violins on the floor and a brand new cello which was surprising since she doesn't play cello but it was simply a larger violin, seeing her posters, which were of violins and violinists my sister seemed to worship with an unbreakable passion.

I walk into the large family kitchen that my parents have put more than a million dollars into and find my mother, who looked not a day over thirty, when she was almost at forty, sipping on her tea, though I knew she was quietly craving coffee, her one true addiction, but she said that it simply wasn't good for her, so she's trying to slack off the high caffeine-filled drink. I pity her since she must really want to drink coffee, so I don't know she's beating herself up about it.