21.

~Next Morning~
Klay

I woke up to my alarm sounding off.
I hit snooze and sat up, a smile from last night still plastered on my face.
I grabbed my phone and saw that I had a text from Jasmine.

From Jasmine🤤❤️
~I actually miss you Thompson🤭

That made my smile widen as I got up.
Who knew a single text could brighten my whole day.
This girl had such an effect on me, I swear.
I was practically in love with her, and it was scaring me.

I took a shower and got ready for the day.
I grabbed my gym bag and my phone, and walked downstairs to see Celia parading around the kitchen eating a banana and wearing nothing but underwear and a shirt on. I looked to see her messing with the roses I got last night after leaving Jasmine's apartment, to give to Jas today.

I rolled my eyes and took the bouquet from her.
"What are you doing and why don't you have pants on?"

She rolled her eyes.
"Come on Klay you've seen every part of me already. Just cause we're not together doesn't mean you have to act awkward. Who are the roses for?"

A smile subconsciously came onto my face and she noticed.

She scoffed.
"New girl huh?"

I shrugged.

She sighed.
"Her name Jasmine?"

I sighed and turned away, feeling a smart comment coming from her.

"What?" She shrugged with a scowl on her face. "She's the one that you were so focused on before you broke up with me."

"Stop Celia we aren't together now so it doesn't matter."

She rolled her eyes.
"Yeah. We aren't."

"How's that new apartment coming?"

"I'm still searching what's the rush? Planning on moving your new girlfriend in?"

I opted not to say anything back because the next thing out of my mouth would be extremely disrespectful. I grabbed the roses and headed over to Jasmine's apartment.

Celia

I bit my lip as Klay walked out angrily.
I have to break the news to him before he fully
slips away from me.
I rubbed my stomach and sighed.
"I hope that you can forgive me for lying to you about who your father is. It's for the best." I said, looking down.

Klay

I knocked on Jasmine's apartment door and a shirtless guy answered the door and sighed, taking a bite from the sandwich in his hand.
"Yeah?"

I raised an eyebrow.
"Is...Jasmine here?"

"Yeah. She's sleeping though. She had a long night." He smirked. "Who are you?"

Who the hell was this guy that she had a 'long night' with?

I sighed.
"No one."