A Boy's Wish

The summer sun has set

and the sprinklers rendered dry

I stand upon the blades, still wet,

under a moonlit sky.

A jar in hand, my eyes so wide

peering through the dark.

A mind alight with fireflies,

those burning, flying stars.

(To be continued in the purchased version of Herban Poetry...)

Author's note--and yes I know this is a book of poems and no one wants to read long author's notes, but this is really the only way to let you guys know what's going on. So, if you care, here goes, if not, feel free to stop reading. (maybe vote first tho? Lol)

I know that I said that I was only doing 40 poems on the free Wattpad version, but as I was penning and typing the last ten poems to complete the collection, two thoughts struck.

The first one struck me kind of comically. I had typed the whole poem into the upload box and was about to publish when I remembered that this is one of the exclusive poems. I found it funny that it was like a reflex of mine to write a poem, edit it, then go straight to publishing it on Wattpad. You guys are really the first and pretty much only people I share my poems with. So, if any of you feel slighted or insulted that I'm asking you to pay for my poetry, I apologize. I'm kind of in a pickle financially at the moment, and writing is the one thing I know I'm good at and what I want to do.

The second thing struck me as I was deleting the poem from the upload box. As a consumer, how do you know that it's even worth it to buy the last ten poems? Maybe I just caught your attention with 40 good poems and now I'm asking you to pay for 10 crappy haikus? I wouldn't want to ask you guys to buy anything blind, because I wouldn't wanna do that.

So I figured I'd upload samples of the last ten poems. That way you could get at least a taste, ya know? 

Is that something that you guys are cool with? Or is it annoying to only hear a few stanzas of a poem and get all interested and have to pay for the rest? Cause I don't mind stopping at 40. Let me know please, in a comment or a message or a wall post or whatever, it really is up to you guys.

HerbanLegend