Realizations

Third Person POV

It was an early Saturday morning and the Avengers tower was currently quiet compared to the usual sounds of machinery, bickering, laughing, and training that would commence in a few hours. All of the Avengers were currently living in what used to be called Stark Tower, but newly renamed the Avengers Tower. They were trying to track down where Loki's scepter ended up after the battle in New York. Though right now, they weren't having much luck, the Avengers were now just waiting on a lead.

Liberty stood in her room looking at herself in the full length mirror feeling a sense of deja vue. She looked at how the athletic wear she had purchased recently hung off of her small frame. She had tried to buy clothing in the adult sizes and got it in the smallest size possible, but it still was took big for the girl frozen as a nine year old. With a deep sigh she went over to her dresser and pulled out a pair of black child sized leggings and put those one in place of the ones she was previously 'drowning' in. Looking back at herself in the mirror she took the big shirt she was wearing and tied it in the front. Once again examining how she looked she gave a small nod now feeling content. She then tightened her ponytail and made sure there were no fly-aways before catching her own white eyed gaze. 'I should probably put my colored contacts in if I'm going out in public' Liberty thought to herself. After the slight struggle of sticking the lenses on her eyes she gave herself one last check in the mirror before feeling satisfied and leaving her room.

Making her way into the Avengers deserted shared living area, Liberty went up to the kitchen counter and reached up on her tippy toes to grab the bundle of bananas and rip one off for herself. After placing her banana on the counter, she rummaged through the counter drawers to find a pen and a sticky note and proceeded to write: "Gone out for a run, with be back eventually  ~Lib" She stuck the sticky note on the fridge before grabbing her banana and making her way towards the elevator.

"What floor Ms. Beckett?" The voice if Jarvis rang out through the elevator.

"Ground level please Jarvis." The elevator doors closed and began its descent to the ground level.

"Would you like me to inform Mr. Stark and Mr. Rogers of your whereabouts this morning when they wake?" Jarvis asked. Liberty opened her mouth to reply where she was heading to before stopping herself short and closing her mouth to think. This was the first time in a while she was going somewhere by herself.

Ever since the whole DC situation, the older avengers had started monitoring her closely, Tony and Steve have even gotten to the point where they could be considered helicopter parents. Don't even get her started on Pepper, if she had her way Liberty would be wrapped in bubble wrap 24/7.

For the first few weeks this didn't bother Liberty all that much. Knowing that she had people who genuinely cared for her made her feel like she was on cloud nine. But it started getting to a point where they began to forget that she wasn't the normal nine year old. She technically was older than some of them, but that fact seemed to slip from all of their minds.

"No need to tell them, I'll be back soon. See ya' later Jarv'." Liberty said as she exited the tower, not waiting for a response, and made her way down the streets of New York City. Recently she had been caught up in so many thoughts and emotions that it was starting to become overbearing for her. She needed to clear her head, so why not do something normal for once and take a jog around Central Park. She needed as much normalcy as possible to feel at ease.

Throwing out her banana peel before crossing the street she saw people giving her odd looks. She opened her mind reading ability to try and figure out why so many people were staring at her.

"Is she lost?"

"Where are her parents?"

"What kind of parent lets their child roam the streets alone?"