Communication

"So, Tony was really that worried?"

"Yup, so I'd say the sooner we get back to the tower the better. He was definitely the most dramatic out of us all." Steve replied with his hands shoved in his pockets as he and Liberty made their way through the busy street of NYC back to the Avengers Tower. 

"Let me guess, when we exit the elevator, everyone is going to be in the living area waiting for our arrival." Liberty sighed looking up at Steve. He looked down at her with a slight frown. 

"I tried to get them to just let me handle it and act like this little 'missing ghost' situation didn't happen-" Liberty gave him a look causing Steve to raise his arms in surrender "-Barton's words not mine!"  Liberty turned her attention straight ahead with an eye roll, "Anyway they wouldn't listen and they all probably have something to say about you leaving for a whole day and not being able to contact." Liberty let out a sigh, she honesty was really dreading that confrontation. All of the Avengers were just waiting to grill her for not bringing some sort of communication device with her. 

"I know, I appreciated the note you left though! Maybe if you had at least left a time on when you'd be back this probably would not have blown up as much as it did. I can't say though that I didn't dislike the fact that we had no way to contact you. I'm starting to really depend on some of these new technological luxuries that we didn't have back in my day. Back then, when someone went out you'd have physically go out to find them, there was no way to just call them up." Steve went on as the the Avengers Tower came into view. 

"Yeah I remember, I was born around that time." Liberty mumbled. Steve looked down at the girl with concern laced in his eyes, her face on the other hand was masked with a void emotion. He knew that whenever she had that look on her face, there was definitely some strong emotions being hidden. He looked straight ahead as they approached the main doors to the Avengers Tower.

"Oh yeah, that's right." He responded.

The two of them made their way through the front doors and towards the main elevator in silence. As the elevator doors closed behind them Liberty leaned against the elevator wall, closing her eyes with a sigh.

"Welcome back Mr. Rogers, Miss Beckett. I have just notified Mr. Stark of your arrival." Javris spoke through the inter comm.

"Thanks Jarv," Liberty said sarcastically, "I'm sure he's thrilled."

"Come on Lib, we all had a right to be worried. We care about you a lot." Steve reasoned with her. Liberty let out an exasperated sigh. 

"Its not that, its-" but Liberty was cut off by the ding that signaled that they had reached the level where everyone was waiting. The door slid open and and all five heads of the Avengers were turned to the now open doors. Before any words could be said, Liberty briskly made her way out of it like any other regular day, followed by Steve at a more normal pace. 

"The TV's not on? I though for sure there was a game on tonight." Liberty asked casually slowing her pace near the couches where the TV was and where Tony, Bruce, Nat, and Clint all sat. She started to make her way towards the stairs to which she'd be able to make a dash to her bedroom.

"Well, I'm not really feeling up to watching a game right now. It's been a long day, I think I'm just gonna turn in-" She was cut off by someone clearing their throat. She turned around to see Steve with eyebrows raised, Tony standing up from the couch with his arms crossed, Nat leaned back on the couch with a scolding expression, Clint sitting next to her with his elbows rested on his knees, Bruce sitting on the couch looking up at the ceiling, and Thor leaning against the counter eating a pop-tart with a grin on his face.