CHAPTER 13

'Alina, you look breath-taking,' Caroline gushed proudly.

'You think so?' Alina looked in the mirror as she enacted a gradual rotary motion before Caroline and Emily.

'I love your dress Aunt Alina,' Emily admired the Princess Sweetheart V neck organza wedding gown.

The sheer intricate fabric and lace sashes hung on her hour glass figure as if it was meticulously designed on her. It was actually on Patty's recommendation that Alina had walked into the boutique, browsed the ready-made bridal gowns on display and selected this particular gown. Ivory did something wonderfully amazing to her auburn hair colour.

Breathe in breathe out; breathe in breathe out.

'Thank you puppet.'

Alina could not believe that in an hour's time she will become Mrs. Case of Rags. She giggled hysterically. It was nerves or she had to be mad. There is no other reason a woman married a man she did not love. How about extortion or ...physical attraction?
What the hell did I get myself into?

It was too late now to cop out. Her husband to be was waiting at his hotel. The private ceremony was taking place in one of the hotel's ballrooms. Some very curious and a few other guests were waiting to witness the much anticipated wedding of Italy's most eligible billionaire to the lesser known restaurateur.

Tomas had encouraged Alina to invite as many guests as she desired, but she only extended invitations to all her restaurant staff, her dependable neighbour Patty and off course Caroline and Emily. Alina wondered if a legion of Tomas' family were flying in from Italy. Would she finally get to see his father? Was the conniving Gabriella Ancelotti going to be at the wedding?

'I think we should let the driver know we're ready,' Caroline laughed softly. The limo had been parked there for the last thirty minutes. Tomas had made certain she would get to the wedding and on time. The driver had knocked on the door and informed Alina, he would transport her to the hotel when she was ready to leave.

'Yes, I think so,' Alina inhaled apprehensively. 'Caroline thank you so much for being here for me,' tears welled in Alina's eyes.

'No tears Alina! You're going to ruin your mascara.'

Alina bit on her lower lip. 'I know, but I'm so nervous.'

'We will be there for you every step of the way. Everything is going to be perfect,' Caroline prophesied.

I hope so Caroline.

Alina, together with Caroline and Emily were ushered through a private elevator to a waiting room adjacent to the ballroom. It was beautiful, with a full length mirror. The refreshing floral scent of the bouquet of white roses on a pedestal tinged Alina's nose. She only waited less than sixty seconds, when the signature, "Here comes the bride," reached her ears.

'It's time,' Caroline smiled as she reached out her hand to Alina.

There was a discreet knock and a gentleman in a dark business suit, introducing himself as the banqueting manager, indicated he was there to assist Caroline.

'Thank you,' Alina smiled politely.

'You ready puppet?'

'Yes Aunt Alina,' Emily squared her little shoulders. As miniature bride she was in an exact replica of Alina's gown. She stepped out confidently and walked to the front of the ballroom, where Tomas and the priest were waiting, followed by Alina and Caroline.

As Alina walked out of the waiting room, she could not resist. Her eyes searched for Tomas. It was not difficult at all to identify him. His familiar tall, dark haired frame was head and shoulders above every other person in the room. She would not admit to this, but her gaze reflected open admiration. He looked absolutely gorgeous in a handmade, dark, figure hugging suit, complemented by a white shirt and trendy narrow white tie.