Chapter 15 - It's a Date

I wasn't sure how to respond to that. Do I want him to take me on a date? I don't know the answer to that. Last time I dated was my ex, the one who hated on my cute ass shorts; Cole. That was over a year ago and ended badly, since him I've just been playing the field. Having a one night stand here and there and kicking them to the curb. No strings.

Are we allowed to date? Legally? I mean, we're both adults but with him being my professor I don't know what the rules are here.

All of these questions are running through my head, he could sense my hesitation and I could see his face fall a bit before he recovered.

Awe, he's worried about being rejected. Poor man.

"Do you think that's a good idea? I mean, what happens if someone see's us? Couldn't you lose your job?" I fidget with my hands as I worry it over.

He leans there for a moment studying me; I could tell he was thinking something over before he answered.

"Well, everything I planned is in Portland. So no one would even recognize me. You've only lived in the state for less than two months so I think you're good. And, most importantly, I don't give a shit." He says this last part so nonchalantly while giving me a small shrug and smile and I can't help but to smile back.

"Why are you so determined to take me out though? To be fair we've only officially met twice. Three times, now that you're invading my personal space being in my living room." I study him from the other side of the room.

He stands up from his leaning position on the wall and saunters over to where I'm standing. His deep blue eyes locked on mine in an intense stare and he comes and stands directly in front of me. Due to his height I have to tilt my head up to meet his gaze since he's so close.

"I'm determined because I know what I want, and I never give up until I get what I want." He looks down at me with amusement in his features.

Once again I'm torn between thinking that was cute or creepy.

I'm leaning more towards creepy. Like 60/40.

After a few seconds of what I assumed turned into a staring contest, I lost and sighed in defeat.

"Fine, we can go on a date. Where are we going?" I take a step backwards so I can look at him without craning my neck and place my hands on my hips. I play it cool on the outside; I don't want him to know I'm doing somersaults on the inside.

"Wear something comfortable and athletic for the ride and our first activity, and pack something that makes you feel pretty for the second." He smiles down at me and gives me a wink. "I'm going to go get ready. We leave in 30 minutes, hurry up sunshine."

With that he turns around and walks out the door towards his apartment, leaving me standing there staring at my door.

I sprint frantically to my spare bedroom which I have turned into an office/walk in closet. I mentioned I haven't dated since Cole last year. I mentioned I've had several one night stands since then. This means I haven't been on a real FIRST DATE in almost 3 years. The ones in between didn't count, as I was usually in a drunken stupor.

Fuck.

My.

Life.

I rummage through my closet for what seemed like hours, I checked my phone and it had only been 15 minutes. This meant I only had 15 more minutes until Austin was back and I still hadn't found anything.

I thought he had just mentioned dinner, why did I need two outfits?

His description of the dress code was incredibly vague, something comfortable yet athletic? So jeans or yoga pants? I decide on yoga pants and pull out a black pair with grey floral print; these make my ass look even better than usual. I pair it with a slightly over sized V-neck grey t-shirt that says "caffeine queen" and pull on my grey and purple tennis shoes.

Now time for the important part: something that makes me feel pretty. I have two outfits lying on my bed side by side to weigh my options. On the left I have a black long sleeve crop top that comes right above my belly button with a pair of white designer jeans. On the right I have a deep maroon halter top dress, the straps cross in the back and it's tightly fitted all the way down to my mid thigh. It accentuates all of my best features, my ass being one of them, the others my legs. Being an avid equestrian has toned my legs to the extreme, with graceful yet stunning muscles.

I decide on the dress and I pair it with my black ankle booties, the straps give a webbed appearance to the front, and the large heel gives me a significant amount of height. The zipper in back is gold, which matches a gold feather necklace I slip in the bag to wear later with the outfit.

I grab my bag and run to the bathroom, where I gather my hair straightener and make-up to fix my appearance between our two events this evening. I don't have the time to do it now, he's probably already on his way back over.

As I'm walking back to the living room I hear him knock at the door. I stop just before opening it to take a few deep breaths and gather myself.

It's just a date Riley, get a hold of yourself. Just think of it as just another one night fling.

Once I swing open the door the deep breaths I just did were knocked right back out of me.

Standing in the hallway was Austin. He was wearing a pair of black gym shorts with black Nike tennis shoes and a tight navy blue tank top. I run my eyes over his heavily inked arms and internally groan, forcing my eyes to break away from them so I wouldn't stare.

Tattoos are a HUGE weakness for me.

However, being the observer he is he throws me a smirk before grabbing my bag from my hand and throwing it over his shoulder. I apparently wasn't inconspicuous enough.

We descend down the stairs in silence before walking out the front door, the sun was setting and I cursed myself for not thinking about bringing a jacket.

I hear a door open and I look up, stopping in my tracks.

Austin is holding the passenger door open for me, but it's not the gesture I'm surprised at. It's what the door is connected to.

"Is that a '70 Chevelle?" My eyes light up as I take in the classic curves of the car. The original paint job with the bold, white racing stripes was covered to where the entirety of the car was a majestic deep blue. Chrome wheels and mirrors shined with the setting sun gleaming off of them, giving the blue paint a shimmery appearance.

I glance at Austin who has a massive smile on his face. "I'm impressed, Riley. This car is my world, I'm glad you approve."

"Well it just so happens this exact year and model is my favorite." I give him a flirty wink as I slide into the black leather seat and he shuts my door.