Chapter 23 - Deviant

AUSTINS POV

"In physics you don't have to go around making trouble for yourself, nature does it for you."

I read this line over and over, its on beige printed paper framed and sitting on my desk. For unknown reasons this quote is one of my utmost favorites. Many people can interperet many different meanings, but to me it means not to go out of your way to cause trouble. Because in the end, if it's in the books for you, trouble finds you regardless.

I have many quotes scattered throughout my office. Some are framed, sitting on my desk or hanging on the wall, some are written in scattered books, and others are on sticky notes that litter the bookshelf or the drawers.

I lean back in my chair, propping my feet up on my large mahogany desk listening to a professors webinar online. I keep glancing at the quote and I almost laugh out loud at the irony.

"For someone with this framed on their desk you're sure making a lot of trouble for yourself." I mumble to myself, cracking my knuckles absentmidedly before folding my hands behind my head.

I had finally done it, I didn't want our first kiss to be in class. I hadnt fully decided whether or not to go through with it, with wanting her. However, the weeks after the club and the time after our date was pure torture.

I couldn't help myself,  she looked so adorable in her sweatpants and tied up hair today. I know she's worried, and she has her reservations. I just couldn't keep my hands to myself, I needed to touch her, to taste her. Thinking back on the moment sent a tingling feeling through me and I close my eyes a moment, picturing the scene earlier.

"I hope I'm not intruding." A womans voice calls out. I jerk in my seat, startled. A dropping sensation went through my stomach as the chair wobbled backwards, threatening to spill my daydreaming ass onto the carpet.

A delicate laugh filled the room as she takes in my surprise, gaining control of the chair and rising unsteadily to my feet.

I stand there staring at the woman, she was 5'7 and had light red hair with gorgeous green eyes and fair skin. Her white knee length dress hugged her body and contrasted with her black heels that gave her a good few more inches.

"Are you going to just stare at me all day, or are you going to invite me to sit down?" She grinned and pointed towards the desk where there are two chairs in front. I nodded and gestured towards them, voice still not cooperaring.

She looks at me slyly, and slowly makes her way around the desk towards me keeping eye contact. Her fingers drag across the wood trim beside her, and graze along the top of my hand before I jerk it away.

She chuckles before placing herself in my desk chair behind me. I turn my head to find her staring at my rear end, and I quickly turn around to sit on my desk. I fold my arms in front of me, acting as a barrier.

"Now now Austin, I've seen much more of you than that no need to be shy now." She says with a smirk then a wolfs smile, showing off her perfect white teeth.

"What brings you here, Val?" I finally choke out, her mere presence unnerves me and puts me on edge.

"What, are you not happy to see me?" She says, and looks up at me between her eyelashes with a pout. Her fingers trace along the hem of her dress and raise it slightly, showing her milky thighs. I can feel my unease growing to an unbearable squeeze in my chest.

While I was trying to figure out what to say, my office phone rings and saves me. I lean behind me and grab the reciever.

"Hello, this is Professor Michaels."

"Hey, uhm, its Riley. I need to talk to you, do you have a second?"

I glance up at Valerie, the toe of her shoe gliding up the inside of my leg sliding across the material of my slacks. A devious look on her face, I smack her foot away which only causes her to smile bigger.

"I'm in a meeting with another teacher at the moment ma'am, but if you give me your phone number I can give you a call back as soon as I'm finished." I try to keep my voice level as I turn around to get a notepad, making sure not to bend over in front of Val. I scribble her number down under a "Ms. Littleton" on the sheet and hang up. Before I could turn back around Valerie stood up and perched herself on top of my desk beside where I stood, crossing her legs and leaning towards me.

"Apparently I'm more important than Ms. Littleton." She says with a triumphant smirk. "Better not be someone trying to take my man."

I groan and rub my hands across my face, trying to think of any possible way to get her out of my office.

"I didn't want you to come here, Val." I say under my breath and I feel her stiffen beside me, a look of despair faltering on her beautiful face.

"You sure werent saying that a few weeks ago while you were in my bed." She arches an eyebrow at me and hops off my desk, picking up her coach purse from the floor.

"You're playing a dangerous game, Austin. Remember what I'm capable of. Next time answer when I call you." She gives me a wink before sauntering out and closing the door behind her.

I let out a deep breath I didn't know I was holding and sit in my chair staring at the phone number on my page.

After a second I glance up, my eyes running over the quote I have framed beside my computer.

Remember what I said about not causing trouble? I didn't have to, trouble found me; and her name is Valerie.