Chapter 32 - Wet Noodles

Aimees POV

"Being the most sober person at a frat party is like being the only adult at a daycare." I mutter to myself as I help a girl puke into the toilet, holding her thick blonde hair away from her face.

"I'm so sorry." The girl, Jess, whines in between heaves.

I just nod and pat her back with my other hand. It was only by coincidence the curvy blonde from the club had shown up at the party. She walked into the backyard where I was hanging out by the fire and she instantly caught my eye.

Trying to hit on another girl isn't easy, from my experience. You compliment them and you can get three difference responses. About sixty percent of them are truly flattered, thinking you're only being nice and make small talk before leaving on the arm of a man. Thirty percent are bitches, and think you're weird for complimenting them and turn away from you in disgust. Then there's the ten percent who are actually into you.

Unfortunatly for me, Jess was in the first sixty percent. She was extremely flattered, however informed me she didn't "swing that way" and that "she was straight".

Yeah, well all noodles are straight until you get them wet. I laugh to myself as I pull my phone from my pocket, scrolling through my emails to find my new horoscope reading to pass time until this girls sister gets here to collect her. She couldn't find her phone, but she knew her sisters number so I called her. She said she came with Jess and couldn't find her and said she would be up in a few minutes.

A knocking on the door startles me, interrupting my thoughts. I turn my phones screen off and place it on the counter, standing up and peaking through the door to see who's on the other side.

"Hey! It's Amber, I've come to take my drunky home." She beams at me and I open the door, pointing to Jess that's now curled in the floor.

"You have your hands full, I think she's vomitted most of it up already." I let out a chuckle as Amber helps a guy she brought pick her up; he flings her over his shoulder and carries her outside into the hallway, her shoe knocking over the soap dispensor on the counter.

"I can't thank you enough." Amber placed her hand on my arm and I turn around to look at her. A shy grin spread across her face and she retracts her hand, folding them in front of her. She nods quickly and sidesteps out the door into the hallway, following the guy downstairs.

Well shit, she was hotter than her sister. I give myself a lopsided grin in the mirror, running my hands through my bright hair trying to manage the mess. I've contemplated going back to a normal hair color, but I always chicken out last minute. Maybe just change to a dark blue?

My thoughts were interrupted by hollering somewhere in the house. Curious, I step out of the bathroom into the hallway and make my way towards the railling overlooking the foyer. I hear panicked mutters around me.

"Someone spiked the punch."

"Is it drugged?"

"Shit, did they call the police?"

My heart starts racing as I push past people, making my way down the stairs. I needed to find Taylor and Riley and make sure they're okay.

"Taylor! Riley!" I shout over the crowd but my voice is muffled despite being in an echoing room. I wander in towards the dinning room, where a beer pong table was set up. Apparently I've travelled faster than the news upstairs because no one here seems panicked.

Once I get into the room I cock my head to the side and bend down, looking towards the table confused. Taylor was lying on her stomach on the floor, playing on her phone underneath the beer pong table.

"What on earth are you doing?"

She pops her head up and sighs, giving me a hangdog shrug. "I'm a troll."

"I...I don't know what that means. Are you feeling okay, did you drink any punch?"

She tilts her cup towards her and looks inside. "Nope, still straight vodka."

I stand straight up looking around the room, not seeing Riley anywhere. Taylor, sensing my panic, scrambles from under the table and stands up. When she does, the players holler at her for breaking the rules.

"Don't fuck with me, I'm a troll." Taylor says while jabbing a finger in their direction. Going with their better judgement they let her leave and continue playing the game.

By this point I can hear people around us, the noise level rising as people shout out to others to dump the punch out. I wander into the kitchen only to have someone grab me by my shoulders.

"Get your hands off-"I start as I turn around but I'm cut off.

"I have Riley." A short, skinny guy says. His face is cut up like he's been in a fight, and I vaugly remember him at the bar.

"I took her outside and hid her in the greenhouse. She drank the punch, only one cup that I gave her-"

It was my turn to cut him off as my fist smashed into his nose, his head whipped back and he brought his hands up to cover his face.

"You gave her spiked punch and then HID HER?" I basically screamed at him, several passerbyers glancing in our direction.

"No you crazy bitch! I got her another drink because hers was empty. Granted, I was thinking maybe she would sleep with me-"He dodged my fist as I sent another one flying in his direction.

"HOWEVER, when I found out it was spiked with something I ran to go get it from her but she had drunk it already. She seemed out of it so before anyone noticed I took her to the greenhouse, no one will bother her there."

"Take us there." Taylor says sternly from beside me.

He nods and gestures for us to follow him, we walk out the French doors in the kitchen that lead to the backyard. The fire had been forgotten with the chaos inside and only a few stragglers were still there, the air was chilly and a slight mist had started up.

Josh lead us to the very back of the yard to a small greenhouse, or what they called a greenhouse. It hadn't seen an actual plant in years from the looks of it, scattered pots and gardening equipment laid out unused.

We go to the back wall and there laid Riley. She was curled up on an old army cot with a blanket spread across her keeping her warm.

"We need to get home." Taylor whispers to me and I nod in agreement. I grab my phone from my pocket and press the home button, only to be greeted with a little logo telling me to charge my phone.

"Check her, see if she has her phone."

Taylor started patting down her pockets, she finally found it in her jacket pocket. As soon as she picked it up it started vibrating indicating an incoming call.

"Who's Austin?" Taylor showed me the screen before looking at it again.

"Fuck if I know, just answer it." I say, a little too sternly and she gives me a glare before swiping to accept the call. I mouth an apology and she flips me off with a smile.

"This is Riley's phone." She says formally causing inappropriate giggles to come from us both.

"Uhm, well she's pretty drunk and we're pretty positive she was drugged. Maybe on accident. What? Yeah, that would be great I'll get an address!" She gives me a thumbs up before running out the door to the mailbox.

I squat down beside Riley, keeping guard until this guys shows up to take us home.