TWELVE.

It had been well over three months since her injury, and Olivia was now fully recovered. Her relationship with Michael however had significantly deteriorated. They physically couldn't be in the same room. If push came to shove and they had to be, they would ignore each other's presence entirely.

Michael's work ethic was angering her a well. He was far too busy having sex with Charlotte Murray at any given time. He left all the work down to Olivia, then took all the credit for it. The only one that know it was Liv that was running the money side of the company was Millie. She was the one staying up until the small hours with Olivia, making sure the work was done before Michael kicked off in the morning.

Whilst Tommy was in hospital for his beating from Father Hughes, he and Liv had hatched a plan. Olivia much preferred working with Tommy, he treated her a an equal. Michael treated her like his servant. She was growing tired of him despite the fact they hadn't said a word to each other in weeks.

She also needed a drink. But the kitchen was currently occupied by John, Arthur, Johnnydogs and the spawn of satan himself.

"You've got two choices Michael." John started the conversation as Olivia slipped into the room quietly. Sod's law meant that Michael was leant on the sink, so she would have to somehow get around him. "You fuck off to America with Arthur, join the Apaches." One can hope, she thought.

Olivia tried to smile at Michael, hoping he would take it as a hint to move out of the way. Instead, he looked at her with a blank expression. So, Liv shoved him out of the way.

"Or you marry the girl." John added.

The spoon in Liv's hand made an almighty clang as the metal collided with the porcelain. Marriage meant one thing. It was only a matter of time with the amount of times she'd caught them together.

"This isn't a joke." Michael moved away from the sink towards him.

"Arthur, are you really going to live with the Apaches?" Johhnydogs was in a state of awe, Arthur wasn't interested though.

"Are you sure the kid's yours?" He asked before taking a sip of his tea like a middle aged housewife.

"Have you seen how many times they've fucked? Cause it's fucking his." Olivia snidely commented.

"And who the fuck asked you eh? Finally piped up have ya? Found some courage?" Michael turned to Olivia with a face like thunder.

"Yes, I have. I would say it's come as a shock to me, but actually it hasn't. You irresponsible little shit. Doubt she'll keep it with a father like you." Olivia smiled.

"Fucking hell Liv." John muttered under his breath with a proud look on his face.

"I wish I hadn't told you." Michael sighed.

"Then think of marriage as a beautiful road, flowers all the way down it." Arthur answered.

"Is he joking?" Michael seemed stunned at the lack of support he was getting.

"Oh it's hard to tell these days." John took a puff of his cigar. Michael poured himself a drink.

"Do you love the woman?" Olivia dared to ask.

"Fucking what?" Michael took closer steps to her. She was getting flashbacks of that little scene in her bedroom all those months back.

"Go and marry her like the rest of us." Arthur quickly broke up any argument that was about to break out.

"She doesn't want her family to know. She doesn't want the baby." Michael sighed once more.

"What a surprise." Liv laughed to herself.

"Do you ever learn when to shut up? No one fucking wants you here. Go home to daddy and go and marry some ex soldier that you can all live happily ever after with!" Michael was shouting with all of his lung power.

"Michael don't-" John and Arthur tried to warn Michael, but he was having none of it.

"It's a bit tricky that, daddy's fucking dead." Olivia didn't even raise her voice.

Silence fell over the room. John and Arthur said nothing, just stared off into the distance. Michael and Olivia were staring at each other. Olivia's face showed no emotion. Michael looked at her, like she would accept his silent apology and move on. She couldn't.

"We know a woman." John took the subject of conversation away from Olivia's tragic backstory.

"Charlotte will want the best." Michael moved away, looking at the floor.

"She is the best. Used to be a nurse. Twenty minutes. Done. You don't have to go in or wait outside. You go to the Garrison. Drink whiskey. Have a laugh." Arthur reassured Michael.

Olivia zoned out of the chat, into her own little bubble. She could picture her family, clear as day. Both her mother and father had dark brown hair and chocolate coloured eyes. Sam was older than Liv, yet they could almost pass as twins. Her mother was such a gentle soul, couldn't even bring herself to killing the rats in the house. Her father was strong willed and would protect to the death. Sam was more like his dad. He would suffocate Liv with his protection, but now he isn't here, she wished to be suffocated again.

They used to go to the Garrison when they were young. Their dad would take them into the snug so they wouldn't get caught by their mother, letting them sip his alcoholic drink. Sam always used to tease Olivia for not liking the taste of whiskey, now she seemed to thrive off it. Then, they'd all come home to a warm and lovingly prepared dinner, all made by Mrs Hamilton herself. She took pride in her food, her saying was 'a full tummy means a happy kid'.

"Olivia?" Michael's voice interrupted her happy daydream. He was snapping his fingers in front of her face.

"Sorry. What?" She composed herself. She wasn't ready to have a chat with him, anger and annoyance still present in her bloodstream.

"We need to go up to the big room. Tommy's got a plan." His voice was hushed, said he was worried and louder would break her.

"I already know it all. Go on without me." She ushered him out of the way.

"Hang on." Michael stopped her. He raised his hands up to her face. His thumb wiped away some of the tears that had fallen when she was daydreaming.

"Oh shit. Stop that." She pushed his hands away and continued mopping the salty tears up herself.

"It's okay you know." He tucked his hands into his trouser pockets.

"What is?"

"To show weakness. I don't think any less of you for having a cry. Christ, we all know you're a strong girl. I'm sorry I upset you." He walked away with a blank face, leaving Olivia all alone in the cold kitchen.

He was right, however much she didn't want to admit it. It had been too long since she'd had a good cry. So that's exactly what she did.

Olivia cried her heart out.

a/n: poor liv :( getting near the end of series 3 i believe?? still a whole lot more to go.
if anyone's wondering how these exams are going, well, i turned up late then tripped on the way to my seat aaaaand then forgot to turn my phone off. it's going so well!!